“the most overrated restaurant on the planet”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,069 of 28,121 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it is all about how it looks rather than what it actually is.
buffets always run the risk of hygiene issues and I personally am not a fan of buffet style restaurants. food is nothing special. I prefer the Krishna restaurant for food in London.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank DH v
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there,

We're really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us on this occasion. In terms of the buffet style way of serving, we take every precaution in ensuring the food we serve is at the highest quality throughout your visit.

All our dishes are created fresh throughout the day, with seasonal ingredients. We also maintain regular temperature checks on the food boat, for both the hot and cold dishes. In the highly unlikely event that any dish that is below or above the required standard, it is immediately removed from the boat. Alongside this, we also condense the boat during quieter periods to prevent food waste, in like with our current 25% pledge.

We hope you'll visit again, as we often change our menu selection you may be able to find some dishes that inspire you more than your last visit.

Warmest regards,
Maddie Blake

Write a ReviewReviews (1,751)

Reviewed June 5, 2019

went again last week, my 4th time in the last year. Great food, great venue, and great value. I note some reviewers mention its pricey which is far from the case! For central London its outstanding value - and I'm a Londoner.
I want to keep this place a secret as Heddon Street is mainly missed by tourists and not overcrowded. I'd feel mean not to share it more widely however, especially for non meat eaters. I enjoy the food here far more than some expensive places I have eaten in London.

Hi Bernadette,

Thank you so much for your lovely words!!

It's so great to hear your quickly becoming one of our regulars, do make sure to say hello on your next visit, it would be great to put a face to a name!

You'll have to take a trip across to our Bankside restaurant at some point too, they'd love to have you.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Firs time ever to a vegan / vegetarian restaurant and I can say I really enjoy very tasty and also intrested combination hat not ven though

Date of visit: May 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thanks @infofer04, we're happy to hear we are your first vegan/vegetarian restaurant and even happier to hear that you enjoyed it as an experience so much! Looking forward to welcoming you back :)

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

We visited Tibits for the first time and my partner and I were both so impressed with the quality and the flavours of food. Excellent variety and we were welcomed by a really friendly member of staff who explained the process of choosing and paying for your meals. I will go back everytime I am in London now, my new favourite restaurant. So so tasty. Highly recommend to all my fellow vegetarians. Prepare to spend quite a bit of money, it is pricey once the plate is weighed but worth it in my opinion.

Date of visit: June 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your lovely feedback! I'll be sure to pass on to the team so they can hear how they're doing.

Looking forward to welcoming you (and some fellow veggie friends) back!

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Part of a traditional vegetarian Swiss group of restaurants, deliver a healthy food in a simple and nice way where you serve yourself and pay at the counter.
Decoration and setting are very well done specially at the one near Tate Modern

Date of visit: May 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

So pleased to hear you enjoyed! Thanks for visiting, see you soon.