“Veggie wedgie”

Tibits
Order Online
Ranked #1,026 of 27,651 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came here early evening on a Friday for my yoga friends bday. They are mostly vegetarian and this restaurant is just that.
The food is good but it all tastes a bit plain. The most exciting dish was a jalapeño with cheese in a batter. I think I preferred the deserts sticky toffee pudding & cheese cake.
Everything is laid out buffet style (which I don’t like, I don’t like the ides of food hanging around for ages) then u take the plate up to get weighed to pay. On both occasions main & desert I didn’t fill my plate or take too much & was still £8 a plate so if u are hungry it’s gonna be pricey!
We sat downstairs in the reservation area and was too cold with the air con! It was v cool outside & this felt uncomfortable.
The place was busy so if ur in the area and veggie it’s worth having a try. They also serve alcohol & the staff were v helpful! The lift to go downstairs is so slow using the stairs is much quicker. Overall a bit average for me but I’m not a veggie

Date of visit: May 2019
Maddietibits, Guest Relations Manager at Tibits, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback, and the funky review title... ;)

Just a quick note on the 'buffet' style catering we offer: we know it's important that we maintain the freshness of all the dishes, which is why we have our back of house team creating the dishes fresh throughout the day and the front of house team consistently replenishing the dishes throughout the day. As you imagine during our really busy times, each dish is barely up for a few minutes before our guests devour it all and then during our quieter times we minimize the selection of dishes and continue with the usual temperature checks and replenishment systems that we run throughout the day.

Hope that eases your thoughts on our catering style! In terms of the air con - I'll definitely be passing on to the team as keeping guests comfortable is our #1 priority.

Lastly when it comes to the food, I'm sorry to hear you felt it a little on the plain side (although I'm glad to hear the desserts went down a treat), I know the team work really hard to curate dishes where taste is the most important factor. If you would like to let me know which dishes you tried so I can feedback to the team we can definitely look to see what improvements could be made.
We do have our summer menu, launching at the beginning of June, so maybe come along to try after this and see what you think, we take value in listening to feedback.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really can’t get enough of Tibits. This has been one of my favourite restaurants since it opened and each time I’m in London, that’s where I head for. On this trip we went 3 times and we’re not even vegetarians!

The food is made with fresh ingredients and is truly delicious. Also, the desserts are very good. It is a buffet style restaurant but the chefs are constantly checking the dishes and replenishing anything that is nearly finished so no food is left lying around. When you arrive, the friendly staff are happy to find you a table and explain the process.
Excellent value.

Date of visit: April 2019

Thank you so much!!! This is wonderful to read, and so pleased to hear you're really a true friend of tibits.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have attended a couple of times on their vegan night with a vegan group. Their pay by weight buffet was satisfactory for what it was but the group and I thought it was a bit pricey for what it was.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank thunderer25

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving this review, although satisfactory doesn't stike us as that great.

In terms of the pricing, the chef team dedicate time to curating dishes where the taste is the most important factor. It doesn't seem like you were inspired in the same way most of our guests were, mainly due to the pricing.

Our pricing at Heddon street is £2.90 in house and £1.90 takeaway per 100g, obviously more weighty dishes will cost more but on average a main plate will cost around the usual price you'd pay for an a la carte dish at other restaurants in Mayfair. The benefits are both, that the price is dictated by you - the more you take the more it will cost, so we always encourage guests to take a little of everything rather than overloading their plate (although we know it can be tempting), and secondly that each dish is almost 99% guaranteed to be something you love, rather than one main you don't like.

Hope this helps enlighten you to our pricing, although we really are about so much more than just the cost of the food, and I hope you'll visit us again soon to try some of our new summer menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Super choice of plantbased food (Tuesday). Love the help yourself buffet followed by weighing and paying by weight.

Date of visit: April 2019

Our Vegan Tuesday are a huge hit! We get a lot of people asking us to go vegan full time since we've launched these so I'm glad to hear you're as enthusiastic as our closest friends. Hope to see you for the next one!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with some girlfriends a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the food.
We hadn’t booked and had to wait about an hour for a table (even though we were told it would be about 15 minutes, we’re pretty sure we were forgotten about).

Nobody really explains how the system works and we quickly realised there is no table service at all (at least not to us) despite there being several members of staff around. We ordered wine at the bar then picked up plates, filled them and paid again at the bar.

There was plenty of choice, hot and cold and a full plate costs around £14+. Bearing it mind we were all quite small girls so to fill up a bigger man could probably get quite pricey.

Fortunately the food was absolutely delicious and although the lack of service and prices let it down a little I would probably go back just for the food!

Hi Jodie,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we take all feedback, good and bad, as important so thank you for sharing both in your review.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear the wait for a table took longer than expected, we must've been extremely busy to have caused a wait that long! Although I will definitely look at a better way of recording waiting tables as it seems like you may have been kept waiting for longer than expected.

In terms of the service style, the team are usually great at explaining so there must've been some confusion in the wait for tables/rush. To follow with the above, we can definitely look at arranging an order for the explanation to be made, although like I said, the team usually at least always check if you have or haven't been before so it may have been a (very rare) slip up. Again apologies.

Lastly, we are V pleased to hear that the food was most enjoyable and served as a slight redeemer for the above, although of course, it would normally only be emphasized by the service and atmosphere. We hope that you visit again, whether you book or just pop in for lunch it would be lovely to have you back and really share what a visit to tibits should be.