“Disgusting toilets”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,058 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If I had visited the toilets first I would not have eaten here.

There were four cubicles, of which two were locked with no one in them. Another had water leaking all over the floor and a sanitary bin overflowing (literally). The toilet basin in the fourth was full of water and nothing else was going to fit into it.

There was a bell on the wall with instructions to ring it if there was a problem with the toilets. Another customer had been waiting for five minutes and no one had replied, so I range the bell. I rang again, and then again. No one came.

It is often rumoured that toilets are a good reflection of the kitchens. Goodness knows what the kitchens at Tibits must be like if they are prepared to put on show such disgusting toilets.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

To be honest I was expecting far more and came away a tad disappointed. The ‘hot’ food was decidedly luke warm. It was good but nothing special.

The staff were, shall we say, not the friendliest. They would get 2 out of 5. Looked very demotivated.

Certainly I would say go and enjoy but don’t have too high expectations and there are better vegetarian restaurants out there.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was fantastic as always which is why I keep coming back to Tibits, and as a gluten-free vegetarian there is nowhere else that offers such choice, but I do wish they had friendlier staff on the tills as they are consistently miserable. I visited on Friday (23rd Nov) and we had gone to the trouble of booking a table for the four of us to sit upstairs. I was the first to arrive and the less-than-friendly waitress told me our table was downstairs (where we didn't want to sit). When we got to the table I saw that two of the seats were stools so I told the waitress that was not acceptable (as I didn't want to be booking an osteopath the following day) so I asked for a table with chairs. She told me "this is the table reserved for you" so I told her again that we were not sitting on stools for the evening. Eventually I persuaded her to let us have another table. So, don't bother booking a table upstairs as they will just put you downstairs and you may have to sit on a stool in which case you'll need a strong back. Also the ladies toilets were disgusting - I visited at 9pm and there was no paper and they were really smelly (sorry).

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great vegetarian food inspired to the Middle-East. Nice atmosphere, nice staff and very convenient location. Excellent value for money: you pay based on the weight of the food you pick at the counter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great selection of fresh veggie and vegan dishes sold by weight but still reasonably priced Bustling resataurant in the heart of London next too Regent Street