“Great food, shame about the service”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,058 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was fantastic as always which is why I keep coming back to Tibits, and as a gluten-free vegetarian there is nowhere else that offers such choice, but I do wish they had friendlier staff on the tills as they are consistently miserable. I visited on Friday (23rd Nov) and we had gone to the trouble of booking a table for the four of us to sit upstairs. I was the first to arrive and the less-than-friendly waitress told me our table was downstairs (where we didn't want to sit). When we got to the table I saw that two of the seats were stools so I told the waitress that was not acceptable (as I didn't want to be booking an osteopath the following day) so I asked for a table with chairs. She told me "this is the table reserved for you" so I told her again that we were not sitting on stools for the evening. Eventually I persuaded her to let us have another table. So, don't bother booking a table upstairs as they will just put you downstairs and you may have to sit on a stool in which case you'll need a strong back. Also the ladies toilets were disgusting - I visited at 9pm and there was no paper and they were really smelly (sorry).

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great vegetarian food inspired to the Middle-East. Nice atmosphere, nice staff and very convenient location. Excellent value for money: you pay based on the weight of the food you pick at the counter.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A great selection of fresh veggie and vegan dishes sold by weight but still reasonably priced Bustling resataurant in the heart of London next too Regent Street

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A disappointing selection of veggie food which promised so much. The hot food wasn’t actually hot and the cold food was pretty bland. Wouldn’t go back as it reminded me too much of school lunches. Much better veggie restaurants in London.
Not a patch on The Gate or Mildred’s.

Nice decor though.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by Edmond who took the time to explain the concept of this restaurant. Weighing your food is a new concept for me which made me be very conservative with the amount I served myself from salad bar. That was a good thing coz I had small samples of some of the dishes that appealed to me and enjoyed it. Also had a great fresh lemongrass tea as per photo shared and the best softest most delicious brownie ever! I want the recipe!! Totally oblivious to the fact that this was a vegetarian restaurant till after we left! A large selection of vegan & vegetarian dishes. I’m neither myself, nevertheless I love vegetarian food.
The one guy who served us from behind the bar was probably new, did not have the best attitude. He served my hot tea in a regular glass which was a bit hot to handle. Then there was a mix up with their offer of 1 hot drink and cake/desert that they didn’t apply to the bill but the lovely lady behind the bar rectified and refunded the difference.
Overall I’d definitely go back and try more of the options of the salad bar. Good job I live thousands of miles away or I’d be there for the brownies as often as possible. I’ll be back next time I’m in London!