“Hair in my food - no apology, no refund, nada!”
Review of Tibits

Tibits
Ranked #1,098 of 25,573 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: tibits offers up a rich buffet with over 40 tasty vegetarian and vegan salads, hot dishes, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Fresh and homemade - for all who like good food.
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Don't go there, I really question their health and safety standards. I visited not long ago and as I started diving into the tomato salad, I discovered several black hair (I'm blond). I then immediately complained and was not even offered an apology or a refund. Unacceptable management and terrible cleaning conditions apparently... Also completely overrated and expensive.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely flawless in the cuisine and quality. A waste not want not design they let you choose whatever you want and bill you by the weight of your plate. How great is that??:-) ( Ok not so good if you are a hungry guy like me but still, the food has made me seriously consider vegetarianism).
I have yet to eat a “bad dish” at this restaurant.
It reminds me a little of the other superb swiss restaurant at the Swiss Centre in Leicester Square in the 1980’s-1990 time frame (Marché).

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Met a friend who chose this restaurant, I had not been before but had heard of it. We walked in on vegan night.

I have to say I am not a fan of buffets, luke warm food etc - but I thought the quality of food here is good. Nice setting and fit out, nice ambience and quite liked the whole concept. I left a card at the bar to save paying everytime we wanted a drink, some food, some desert.... so all good. You pay for your food by weight.

Friendly staff, good food, nice surroundings - its not silver service - its self service but I enjoyed it

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Enjoying most veggie food but not specifically seeking out this kind of restaurant or strict non-meat diet we happened upon Titbits, primarily due to its proximity to a bar we had been to, but also as it was starting to rain and inside looked warm and inviting. We were not disappointed!

I loved the buffet style and how you pay on weight of food. Four of us had ample food on the plate and averaged out about £14.00 each plateful. The choice of items and appeal of the food (colour, smell, consistency) was good. My older teenage boys who usually opt for a burger and chips were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was and enjoyed it.

Seating was a little cramped (space around the tables) but we managed. The decor was pleasant and inviting and sitting on the ground floor was preferable to being in the spacious basement area (but there weren't any issues with it - just our choice).

Overall a great find and would definitely eat here again, especially if dining with vegetarian or vegans.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

We came here every year when we went to london because we loved the vegetarian concept. This year it was just plain wrong and we regret going here. My wife ordered a chai latte, which tasted like a really awkward mix of stuff. I ordered a Mango Lassi, and the milk just tasted sour, didn't drink it. My wife went back with her Chai Latte and they said it was not supposed to be prepared like that. The new chai was better, only slightly. Next the food, the nice thing about tibits is its buffet. Just grab a bit of a lot of dishes to taste them, and hopefully be surprised. I was definately surprised how the food had no real tastes to explore and to my nearest comparison resembles microwaved foods. Just not fresh, barely hot or with any interesting taste combinations. The chef should eat out more at other restaurants, and taste the food before plating it. We both left most of the food on our plates and went away. We won't be here ever again.