“Drinks only! Be warned...do not eat here!!! Disaster of a gastro pub.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fentiman Arms

Fentiman Arms
Ranked #14,823 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Berlin, Germany
“Drinks only! Be warned...do not eat here!!! Disaster of a gastro pub.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I dread writing this review for wanting to avoid reliving the nightmare that was my last meal and the Fentiman Arms...and I do mean my last meal at the Fentiman Arms. I hadn't been to this gastro pub for several years after moving outside of the UK, and had convinced friends to return there for old times' sake. Against their better judgment they agreed. Without writing a novel, I'll just give a few clues to how bad it was....cold potatoes, overcooked hamburgers, undercooked (practically raw) steak, dark, rubbery battered fried cod, crispy looking French fries that were actually soggy, sticky toffee pudding without the promised vanilla ice cream. The majority of my friends' meals had to be returned to the kitchen at least once or twice. Please do yourself a favor, go for a beer, but DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank albertsquarebcn

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Standards Slipping Quickly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Fentiman Arms is a local pub that I've been going to fairly regularly over the last few years. It's on a lovely residential street, has a great garden both out back and out front, and is very comfortable inside. However, the last couple of times that I have eaten there I have been really disappointed with the level of service and the quality of the food. I am not sure whether the business is under new management, but the staff behind the bar seem to be more interested in horsing around with each other than serving drinks to patrons, and the floor staff have seemed to be run off their feet, unable to keep up with the level of pace of demand at the seated tables. I found it very antagonising to be charged a service fee on the bill when I had fetched my own water, my own condiments and had to walk to the bar when I wanted to pay. If someone wants the bill, they generally want it now. Hopefully this was just a bad day for the Fentiman. There are not lots of other decent options in the area and the last thing that locals want is for this bar to slip well below it's previous high standards.

London
“The worst meal in London”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friends and I live locally and have been visiting the Fentiman Arms regularly over the last few years. While the food has never been great, and they frequently run out at the weekend, my visit with eight friends in May was the worst meal I have ever had in London. Four out of the eight meals had to be sent back. One was sent back three times. The food was cold, or over cooked or just plain inedible. As part of a group, it is inexcusable for the quality of cooking to be so bad. I can only advise others thinking of going to this pub to visit the Canton Arms instead.

“Lazy staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

visited it for a late diner with friends. Nobody noticed us, we had to ask for the menu several times. The waiters were chatting with each other and it took very long to serve the food which was average and rather expensive.

• Visited April 2013
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Spoilt by a miserable waitress!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Fentiman Arms as it was my son's local, and such a find in London should be appreciated. The pub was very inviting inside and the outside at the back looked lovely with tables, heaters, and even blankets, and I am sure is fab in summer.
Sadly, we got the waitress with a face that looked as though she'd been sucking lemons. Unhelpful and miserable. Such a pity! The starters and the main course were brought in together and it didn't go down at all well that two of our party actually wanted to eat the starter first then have their main course. Not rocket science!
There seemed to be no organisation and obviously no staff. Sunday lunch time is notoriously busy so why not? We all felt as though we were an inconvenience though it was noted that not everybody got the same treatment. As for me, it put me off staying for a sweet, so thanks for that. A shame really, as the food was ok.
I am told the breakfasts are wicked - are the staff, I ask myself?

Visited April 2013