“Lovely local”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely local”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Friends took us out there for lunch and the food was lovely and the atmosphere was great. Warmly recommended.

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Good Vauxhall Gastro Pub”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Recently ate here for the first time after visiting in the past for drinks. This is very nice gastro pub, one of a few around Vauxhall. Its a very comfortable pub with a fantastic outdoor beer garden. We headed for a Sunday roast and were not disapointed. The food was really good, although, some of our party thought the roasties could have been better. Nonetheless everybody was really pleased with the meat, veg, portions etc. There's a good selection of starters. I didn't opt for the roast and went for Seabass instead, I'm very fussy when it comes to fish, but this was one of the best Seabass I've tried. I was actually very suprised. The fish is presented in full, head and bones included, but its still an easy fish to eat. It was very, very tasty.

Couple of small points, we waited about ten minutes to be given menus, didn't get one of the sides we asked for and one of our groups roasts had gravy even though they asked for none. Despite this, the staff are very friendly and the food and drinks once ordered arrived in good time. I'll definitely go back for food. Its worth booking for Sunday lunch as I've turned up before and there can be a long wait on busy days.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank colindkavanagh
London, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, meal rather average”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Fentiman Arms is a warm, relaxed pub and when we visited last it was bustling, we were lucky to get a table so in future I'd probably ring ahead and book. Would definitely recommend for a drink and catch up with friends, especially in the summer when you can sit out in the beer garden.

The staff were friendly and helpful as always and the service was swift but on this occasion the food was rather average. In particular the portion of salad which is served as a main course was rather small and they were a bit stingy with the main components which resulted in us feeling like we'd had an overpriced starter rather than a main. Obviously I can't comment on the whole menu as we only had a couple of different dishes and maybe we chose badly.

Despite this minor blip would recommend if you want a friendly, local pub.

• Visited April 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Popular, lively, neighborhood pub”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We really enjoyed this pub which was walkable from our B&B. Friendly table service. Busy on a Thursday night. I had a pumpkin spinach tart with chutney and fries, while my husband ordered bangers and mash; both very tasty.

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great neighbourhood bar and restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Good food, relaxed atmosphere. I love this place on a lazy Sunday.