“THE worst service in London”
Review of Ruby Blue

Ruby Blue
Ranked #3,009 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Situated just off London's Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is a bar and restaurant where you'll find everyone from clubbers to theatre-goers or tourists to Londoners, soaking up that London atmosphere. When it comes to dining, Ruby Blue is deliciously on the case. Choose from an interestingly varied menu while you're entertained by a live pianist (Sat only). Tempting new dishes including the Chargrilled Lemon & Thyme Marinated Chicken & the new Sticky Chilli Lamb Rump served with sweet potatoes, yoghurt & coriander sauce. Finish with the indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a truly spectacular meal. Perfect for an intimate dinner for 2 or a fun party night. Sumptuous booths, a gorgeous restaurant and a luxurious lounge make Ruby Blue the ideal venue for a midweek hangout or weekend treat. Happy Hour at Ruby Blue: 17:00 - 20:00, all drinks, everyday!
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The service at this restaurant was slow and generally poor, additionally all the staff here seem incompetent as I had numerous issues making a booking in the first place.

Secondly, our table was in a room with a hen party, who were simply vile and inhuman, chanting like animals and generally making any conversation a physical impossibility.

The location is probably the best in London, however that is all you can say. Hopefully the places closes down and reopens under decent management with competent staff.

2  Thank James M
RubyBlueManagement, Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

With apologise,

Clearly we have let our self's down on this occasion and we will endeavour to raise our standards and delivery a better experience on your next visit.

Please get in touch with Georgia French (02072878050) our sales manager and she will book you back in for January on us.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was looking for a lovely place to take my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The lure of the popular location and its wide menu variety appealed to me greatly and the fact that there is a live pianist playing made me think that this would be the perfect spot to celebrate, especially as I had already booked the 99 Comedy Club for that evening too.
The problems started when I tried calling to book, as I had some special requests (eg. champagne at the table for when we arrived, a nice spot near the pianist etc.). I called three times without getting through to anybody and left thee voicemails. No one got back to me. So I decided to book online, and in the special requests box provided I mentioned the above requests and asked someone to get back to me. Still, I heard nothing.
A week later I checked my booking online and even though I had seen that it had booked originally, it said there was no booking under my name! So I called...
Amazingly I got through to someone! I explained exactly what had happened and how long I had been trying to get in touch with someone but she made no apologies. She did, however, tell me that my booking was on the system and that she would email me through a confirmation and a drinks pre-order form for the champagne as I would have to pay for it in advance.
I received the booking confirmation, but not the drinks pre order form.
So again, I spent a week trying to contact someone, leaving voicemails and emails everyday without success. When I did finally get hold of the same lady again all she said was ''yeh ok I'll send it now''. She was unhelpful and quite rude and still made no apologies.
IT STILL NEVER ARRIVED! The next day I emailed a rather narky email and left a rather narky voicemail saying that I needed someone to contact me that day. Obviously I heard nothing.
So I ended up sending a complaint through to the manager explaining that their customer service skills were well below par and this was even before I arrived, that I was cancelling my booking as they clearly didn't care for my custom and that I was going to leave negative feedback on Trip Advisor.
It has now been three weeks and I have heard nothing back from the manager.
I have managed to find a much nicer-looking Thai restaurant called Patara which has really good reviews. We are going there instead now next Saturday...fingers crossed that they understand the term 'good customer service'!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We bought tickets from www.lastminute.com for dinner at Ruby Blue in Leicester Square and theatre (Rock of Ages)
The restaurant is in an amazing location and its beautiful and trendy inside. The first thing that was odd was we were not asked if we wanted a drink when the waitress sat us at our table. Next, it took over 20 minutes to come back to take our order which was a standard selection from a set menu. When the food arrived 40 minutes later, we asked if we could have a drink. The waitress took our order and we proceeded to eat our meal. When our dinner was finished, which was nothing to speak of, the drinks still had not arrived. Finally we had to ask again to which she replied "oh you're the ones who wanted the jug of long island iced tea right?" The drink finally arrived and after we had it we left even though the drinks were on special and we would have loved another. The service and meal were enough to leave.
We watched how other people repeatedly asked for drinks and asked if they could place their order for food as no one was serving them either.

1  Thank Christina V

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Party of 15; drinks took ages to arrive, part of the order was wrong, £5 bottled beers were warm. Food arrived late and cold. Poor quality. We were sat next to a hen party that we're screaming and chanting for the entire 2 hours. Would not recommend. Avoid.

1  Thank AC1988

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Book at table for 17.30 got there on time. Ordered drinks had to keep asking for them but still did not turn up. Ordered food only two of the group had starters there was only 4 of us. Starters were cold oh and then the drinks turned up. 45 mins late. We had to be out of there by 19.00 only just done it. Two out of the four mains were cold also. Never ever again it's a good job I had a 50% off voucher.

1  Thank Clivewat