“Authentic and high quality”

Royal China - Baker Street
Ranked #6,483 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Book in advance. We were brought there by a friend as he is a regular visitor and by 1:00pm the place was full. The service is quick and the prices very reasonable. The food- healthy, diverse and good quality.

There are newer reviews for Royal China - Baker Street

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We just returned from ten bitterly cold days in London in late March. Having eaten here on a Diamond Jub trip last year, I'd been dreaming of their dim sum ever since. In fact, RC was a major factor in our hastily planning this visit! And we weren't disappointed. Their dim sum is some of the finest - anywhere. The buzz in the place is great. The service prompt.
I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

1  Thank boundary
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After the last visit, which was my first, I could not wait to return, and the food lived up to expectations. Mixed starter for three, followed by crispy duck with pancakes, and then honey pork cooked in a paper bag, and scallops with asparagus. All excellent. However towards the end of our meal the staff started to take away tables and chairs and then proceeded to unfold partitions and glass sliding panels clearly getting ready for some private parties in the evening. We ended up in a separated off area segregated from the main restaurant. What a way to treat us and I told the Manager that I would be commenting about their appalling way of treating us on Trip Advisor! They have ruined any chance of us returning. Such a shame as the food is superb!

1  Thank MarkPatrick
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our group was only 3 people, but it was good that we had made a booking as the place was already buzzing with guests, when we arrived at 7pm. The décor is very typical with impressive Chinese wall art and numerous waiting staff rushing around. Since our hostess was Chinese, our order was very specific and discussed at length in Cantonese with one of the more senior waiters. This extra effort paid off, since we ended up with our most favourite dishes, exquisitely prepared. Mine was vegetarian sweet and sour chicken, one of the best I have tasted with the texture of the fake chicken really moist and tender. The side dish of stir- fried asparagus was really fresh and tasty with lots of garlic. The others had requested the spiciest dishes on the menu and again this was as ordered: the hottest and tastiest Sichuan style (chili) chicken and (chili) beef , which made even my hostess have tears running down her cheeks (but still enjoying the heat and flavour). Our drinks were traditional Chinese tea and Chinese beer (Tsingtao). Since I am not a big fan of Chinese desserts, I ordered the ice cream instead and was pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality of the Movenpick gelato (Tiramisu flavour). The bill of 120 pounds (no wine) was on the high side, but well worth it for an authentic oriental cuisine experience. Upon leaving the huge restaurant, it seemed to me that its spicy reputation was well-known judging by the crowds of Asian dinner guests.

1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I always make sure I visit Royal China in Baker street when I am in London, it has become a must do for me! I love their dim sum, they are always fresh and very tasty. I also like the fact that you can just turn up without a reservation and after a short wait you will be seated....I have just been and I can't wait to go again!!