“very avarage”

Coal Grill & Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

we ate here due to the fact they offer 20% discount on food for cinema users.not much of a bargain really, dreadful service. I ended up going up to the bar to get more water as I couldnt get any attention.As it was really empty I dont know what the problem was.The burgers were ok but to be honest next time we will be going to Wetherspoons much better value and better food. Hate the fact that service is added to the bill. I couldnt be bothered to argue the toss so left it .Just wouldnt be going back

Reviewed November 10, 2013

To start with, the waitress was really overpowering and saying that we shouldn't have this.. should have that... We got the sharing platter, which the waitress said was huge, but was actually very small. the chicken wings were actually undercooked and the onion rings came really cold. My main was not at all up to standards- chicken wrapped in parma ham, with a tiny amount of ham. Others had a rubbish goats cheese salad and a a rubbish and a mediocre burger. Very overpriced and even the simplest orange juice and lemonade was horrible! Seriously, don't go here. There are much much better places to go.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ate here on Sunday evening and WOW! Luckily I did not read the reviews before going as I may never have took the chance but I am glad I did.
Such a warm welcome from everyone, staff and management were all superb.
We had the bread share starter which was delicious, fresh and warm and the dips were gorgeous.
Main meals of which we had the fire sticks were great. Steak was beautifully cooked, we actually over ordered leaving us unable to finish everything and sadly miss out on dessert so next time, we will be sure to pace ourselves!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Service was attentive, good atmosphere but food a great disappointment,Garlic Pizza Bread well overpriced as was Choritzo in Garlic Oil with meagre portions. Mains were the same, Chicken Fajita again meagre portion and was not served sizzling. Seafood Linguine whilst tasty lacked Seafood, the only thing to come out on top were the Fire Sticks which, at £15.95p should do.. All in all very disappointing and well overpriced for the size & quality of the food.

1  Thank Trevor U
Reviewed July 13, 2013

And I will go back.
I feel in a preachy mood.
Staff in restaurants are not servants. They are not below us.
They are there to serve us. It is a relationship.
If we wish for good service we behave appropriately. We engage.
When I am out I endeavour to get the most out of my server.
If you are mindful of this you will get good service.
Good food here.
Great cocktails and drinks.
A little funky/edgy/West coast American influence.
A little BBQ. Chips in a bucket kind of thing.
Staff are fine. Let them be nice to you.
I have been here as couple with just wife.
Been here with friends.
Been here for daughters 18th with other kids.