“Good food, excellent service, great price.”
Review of Covent Garden Grill - CLOSED

Covent Garden Grill
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The unpretentious Covent Garden Grill serves its crowd of regulars and tourists a great range of steaks and other cuts, chargrilled to order from an inventive menu. Diners loll on the comfy sofas with friends, or hide away in one of the restaurant's private booths for a romantic rendezvous or a business get-together. There's a theatre menu for playgoers, and prices are surprisingly reasonable for the heart of the West End.
Norfolk
“Good food, excellent service, great price.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked a Friday evening, pre-theatre, 2 course meal here as part of a theatre package with Encore tickets. An amazing price for a meal in London. We were welcomed warmly and shown to our table downstairs. Andy, our waiter couldn't have been better. He was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly whilst being professional - an ideal waiter. At no time did we feel rushed. There was a great choice from everything on the table d'hôte (which included a choice of vegetables with the main course). With pre-theatre meals in other London restaurants we have usually been given much less choice. We enjoyed the food so much that we decided to pay extra and have a desert too. We will return.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Covent Garden Grill, London”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We ate at the Covent Garden Grill on 20th September 2013 as part of a birthday gift (LoveTheatre). Although there was an issue with our voucher, the Manager was really helpful in sorting the problem out and it didn't spoil our evening. We sat downstairs which was quieter than upstairs and received great service. The food was delicious. I had crab cakes to start and haloumi kebabs and hubby had black pudding stack and the burger. The chips were the best I've tasted in a long while! Although I was full up we had a voucher for three courses so I finished off with vanilla pannacotta with blueberry compote which was simply divine! I tried the chocolate icecream but found that a bit powdery. We would definitely return, particularly as we were given a voucher for 20% off our next visit!

Simpsonville, Kentucky
“good food at a fair price”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went for a late dinner and the restaurant was fairly crowded still. The waiter was informed and efficient but not too chatty, exactly the way we like it. I ordered the evenings special and it wasn't something they were trying to just get rid of, it was fresh and well prepared. My wife was equally satisfied. I would give it 5 stars but I just don't do that till we hit the extra special level.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was the second time I had visited this year. It provides a good value pre theatre fixed rate 2 course menu which may not be provided at the table so make sure you ask. This time I had pork loin which was delicious though I would have preferred an alternative veg to the cabbage provided which was not very appetising.

“Well worth it”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This was part of a "show and meal" package, and so we didn't have very high expectations. And it was a pleasant surprise, the food was good and the service excellent.