“Amazing - best steak in ages ....”
Review of Covent Garden Grill - CLOSED

Covent Garden Grill
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The unpretentious Covent Garden Grill serves its crowd of regulars and tourists a great range of steaks and other cuts, chargrilled to order from an inventive menu. Diners loll on the comfy sofas with friends, or hide away in one of the restaurant's private booths for a romantic rendezvous or a business get-together. There's a theatre menu for playgoers, and prices are surprisingly reasonable for the heart of the West End.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked this Resturant for my sons 15th Bithday , so we were looking for something special .
We phoned up and they were very friendly asking if we had any special requests ; we asked for balloons and they provided us with this request with no issues at all .
When we arrived we were greater by Asen who looked after us 3000%
I often moan about how the service in this country has gone down hill but Asen went against the decline and reminded what good service is all about .
Asen was attentive and made sure we were happy at all times .
Our steaks were amazing . My wife had the sea breem that was also the best - served on the bone .. Desserts were also to die for .
We asked for the meal to be served up quickly as we had a show to go to ....
The restuarant took note of this and we had good food , top service that made our night complete .
Would recommend this restuarant and will be back . Steve

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the restaurant!! the staff were very welcoming, friendly and chatty. The staff were actually interested in what me and my partner had been up to with our day, unlike some restaurants that just want you in and out, a quick turn around and 'getting bums on seats' so to speak!! The food was just as good as the customer service. So good I managed to squeeze in a dessert!! Will defiantly recommend and be revisiting when next in the area!!

1  Thank RM0803
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a meal out with my friend. The food was amazing, I had a delicious hamburger, chips, one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. The service was fantastic and a really nice atmosphere, very reasonable prices and only 2mins walk from covent garden tube station.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant as part of a Theatre package and we were not disappointed. The staff were welcoming and really friendly, in particular our lovely Polish waitress, Zita, what a little treasure! Our food was very tasty, well presented, and served with a smile. If you are looking for a reasonably priced pre theatre meal then look no further!

1  Thank Elaine T
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food was good but we were seated downstairs by the kitchen. So it was very hectic, staff up and down the stairs with trays(don't know how they did it). Wouldn't go again.

2  Thank brookes06
lordofthepieslondon, Owner at Covent Garden Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

As this reviewer had blocked me from corresponding with him, we are unable to get any further information, however, we do not have any tables downstairs that are likely to be affected by the food coming out from the serving area, so we are a bit puzzled by it. We would like to hear from the reviewer about when they were there and exactly where they sat, so hopefully he might unblock me. It is a great shame that people criticise a restaurant and then prevent you from finding out when they ate there and get more information about what went wrong. One of the many great faults with TripAdvisor, making it too easy for people to leave malicious or distorted reviews.