“Good food, ecellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Covent Garden Grill - CLOSED

Covent Garden Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The unpretentious Covent Garden Grill serves its crowd of regulars and tourists a great range of steaks and other cuts, chargrilled to order from an inventive menu. Diners loll on the comfy sofas with friends, or hide away in one of the restaurant's private booths for a romantic rendezvous or a business get-together. There's a theatre menu for playgoers, and prices are surprisingly reasonable for the heart of the West End.
boston
“Good food, ecellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

The steaks were enjoyed by those who ordered them. Others in our large party wanted typical "English" food (bangers and mash, game pies). The game pie, a melange of four or five typeds of game (venison, rabbit, partridge, etc.) in a rich brown sauce was one of the best I have ever tasted (and I used to live in England).

Service was good and the waiter very attentive. he was knowledgeable about the menu and everything came as ordered. he was especially attentive to the children's needs and desires.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Cannot fault this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were looking for a meal before we went to the Theatre, boyfriend fancied a grill type of place and this was the first one we came across.
Even though there was a delay on getting us a table, the waiters made us feel at ease so didnt mind waiting! Everyone was so friendly!
Boyfriend had the sirloin steak and I had the pork chops with mint pea mash, my god! It was the best meal we have had all year! If I could afford to live in London then I would eat here on a daily basis, it was that good!
The waiter was really friendly and had a good laugh!
The amount of times I have been to London and had a meal where the waiter in another restaurant is grumpy and just there for the money, but these waiters and waitresses looked like they loved working there and it makes such a difference!
I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Bland experiance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My fiancé and I were looking for somewhere to spend a special night for a meal. we walked around London for a while and fell upon this restaurant based on the menu.
The decor is pleasant enough and reasonably clean, although almost soulless. The washing facilities did not live up to the same standard, but not so much so that it was worth a complaint.
When the food arrived I was disappointed, I thought my marinated chicken with couscous was bland and rather tasteless. My Fiancé had the steak which he said was nice although wasn’t massively impressed, especially for what the meal is priced at.
Unfortunately, I was unable to discuss my meals failure to live up to the expectations with the management due to his time been occupied with an unexpected guest, which was completely understandable.
Overall a very disappointing night.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sazparilla
Burlington, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The restaurant was very busy so perhaps it was the dish I had as I found it a bit greasy. Typical grill with friendly staff. Good location near Covent Garden so it was handy for the theatres in the area.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marion P
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Really lovely staff, really good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose The Covent Garden Grill for my Daughters Birthday lunch in conjunction with Love Theatre vouchers and enjoyed the experience thoroughly last Saturday. The staff were so kind, full of personality and attentive and it proved to be a great place to relax away from the crowds outside. All of our group were delighted with their meal choices and were only sorry that none of us had room for dessert. I would recommend the Covent Garden Grill to anyone visiting that part of London. We will certainly be booking again when we are back in London on 1st December.