“Sole of France” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez Patrick - CLOSED

Chez Patrick
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Chez Patrick is a charming, intimate neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of residential Kensington. The brasserie-style menu features traditional French classics,just to name few..Snails,foie fras,oysters,fresh crab salad as well as Chateaubriand,calf's liver,magret of duck etc.. Available alongside an excellent selection of wild fish. All the ingredients are supplied fresh daily and the dishes are prepared by Head Chef Alain Patrat and deputy Head Chef Amin, who between them, bring over 40 years of kitchen experience to Chez Patrick. A selection of the finest classic French wines is offered on the wine list to complement your food, whilst clean lines and seaside paintings keep the interior bright and informal. With over 26 years experience in the restaurant trade, Owner Patrick Tako is always delighted to welcome both his loyal regulars as well as new customers to his restaurant. A PRIVATE ROOM IS AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES WITH TAILORED MENUS.Please contact me .
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sole of France”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Intimate atmosphere. The service was attentive, snappy and accommodating. Dover Sole was excellent and paired nicely with a reasonably priced French White.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Hello Monsieur,

Thank you so very much for your kind comment.It was a joy and fun to have you all with us,fun indeed,and i hope that you enjoyed everything.
It would be great,at your next visit to London,to see the gang again..
Until then,take care and once again,thank you for your kind words.
Best wishes

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“The perfect neighbourhood bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

an all too rare date night saw my wife and I return to one of our favourite local places in Kensington. Chez Patrick is a small but perfectly comfortable french bistro tucked away on a nice little road between High St Kensington and the Cromwell road. Clientele are the perfect mix of tourists and local regulars all who are all treated with charm and warmth by Patrick the gregarious owner. The menu is short but everything is perfectly cooked. My wife started with some beautiful fresh oysters whilst I had tasty grilled squid. We then shared a beautifully cooked Chateaubriand which came with earthy spinach and crisp frites. My wife had a delicious prune and calvados ice cream to finish whilst I had a nice tarte au citron. A really lovely meal and a very hospitable restaurant. We had a nice chat with Patrick post meal as well. More London restaurants should be like this.

patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Hello

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review.it is one of the nicest i have had the pleasure to be granted and i am very grateful.
It was nice to see you both again and nice of you to allow me to have a little talk,quite enlightening too..
I hope to have the privilege of having an other opportunity,not only to welcome you again but also to share more views and opinions.
My very best wishes
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Why go to France?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

We spent 4 nights in the Loire Valley in July then dined at Chez Patrick last week, the food was better at CP! It's a great restaurant with excellent food and fun, friendly service. Keep your sense of humour and you will not be disappointed, it's a great place.

patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Hello

A massive thank you for your kind comment.You have perfectly encapsulated what we are trying to achieve.I'm happy you did enjoy your stay with us and hope to see you very soon.
Kind regards
Philly
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

The food was good on average, but we felt the pace was a little too fast and like we were being rushed. The owner is a very friendly guy with a good sense of humor.

patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you for your comment. I am very grateful and happy that you did enjoy the food,my humour as well as finding me friendly.
I am sorry that you thought that the service was a bit to fast for you,far from me the wish to give you the feeling that we wanted you to leave sooner that you wanted..Why would i prevent you to miss my hospitality ?
We are a small restaurant as you saw and when full the amount of work is rather heavy,hence a pace which could be misinterpreted.
May i suggest you,at your next visit,to remind me to hold at your convenience your main course and your dessert so you 'll be able to fully enjoy your stay with us..
Looking forward welcoming you both very soon.
Kind regards
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Most excellent evening.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Paid a midweek visit to Chez Patrick in mid July while on a business trip to London. Our host arranged the evening and chose very wisely. Tucked away in a residential part of South Kensington, Chez Patrick is wonderful Gallic retreat in the centre of the capital city.

When we arrived, we were greeted by Patrick himself who showed us to our table upstairs. He apologised for not being able to seat us downstairs but they were extremely busy. We were a little disappointed at first but it was quite noisy downstairs. In my experience, a noisy restaurant is usually a sign of people having a good time and once the food arrived, I could see why. I cannot recall what my co-diners ordered but for openers I ordered foie-gras on gingerbread with port jelly. I have to admit to asking for this out of curiosity...it was wonderful ! Main course was chicken in a tarragon and cream source. Now, for me, tarragon is one of those herbs which if overdone, can completely swamp the flavour of a dish and if it's underdone, you wonder why they bothered mentioning it as you can't taste anything. In this case, it was judged to perfection. Very tasty indeed, served with new potatoes, spinach and of course pommes frites, all washed down with a couple of very nice glasses of Cotes du Rhone. I tried to resist the dessert menu but the crème brulee wasn't taking no for an answer. Again, wonderful...and a very large portion too.

Throughout the evening, we were attended to by Chez Patricks polite but very efficient French team and Mr Patrick himself kept popping upstairs to check that all was well. All in all, a very pleasant evening.

There is a lot of fish on the menu here and is the sort of restaurant that my much better half would love. I plan to return the next time we're in London for a weekend.

• Visited July 2014
patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello

I was very touched by your kind comment.very happy too that you'd enjoyed your evening.
I hope to have the pleasure of your company very soon,until,take care.
Very best wishes