“Really lovely evening”

Cedar Lebanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Lebanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,606 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "A local gem," proud of its reputation for quality. IT'S FUN TO SHARE ! Meze dishes, salads, grills FRESH, HEALTHY, DELICIOUS Lovingly prepared in-house CHOICES FOR EVERYONE Vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free AUTHENTIC, FRIENDLY, COSY Traditional family-run restaurant AWARDS TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence OpenTable - Diners' Choice Award The Food Standards Agency - 5 star hygiene rating Time and Leisure Magazine - Best Local Restaurant, Best Service THE IDEAL CHOICE FOR: Families & friends Business lunches & groups Events & catering Take-away & home delivery
“Really lovely evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having been to Aya round the corner and always had an excellent meal, it was with some trepidation we booked a table here. But we shouldn't have been worried, the food was lovely, the ambience intimate and relaxed, and couldn't really fault it. It's a few minutes from South Wimbledon tube and would strongly recommend a visit.

• Visited March 2013

Ramelton, Ireland
“An average restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went with 2 vegetarians and choose a selection of starters because there were no vegetarian main courses. These were of average quality and a bit of a disappointment. I had a main course of lamb which had a sauce covering it. The whole experience promised more than it delivered and was a poor experience

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RandalFaulkner
NickVeit, Consultant at Cedar Lebanese Restaurant, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Sorry your experience in 2012 was disappointing. We now have a fantastic new menu with plenty of vegetarian dishes and the restaurant has a new look. We've also been awarded 5 stars for hygiene amongst other awards...please try us again!
Dorset
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I visited this restaurant, last Saturday, with my Daughter, Son in Law and Husband. The owners are very welcoming and you feel relaxed immediately. The menu is wonderful you are spoilt for choice, my Daughter is a vegetarian and this is a perfect restaurant for her. All the food is prepared and cooked freshly. A fantastic meal I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited October 2012
London
“Nice local restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a nice local restaurant with a lovely atmosphere and cosy interior. The staff are very welcoming and service very good.
We started with the hummous with chilli. The pitta bread was warm, fluffy and delicious and the hummous fresh and homemade - but could have done with more chilli.
My partner had the mixed grill skewer which he said was delicious. I had the spatchcock chicken which was really nice and a lot better portion size than other places. My only comment would be that they offer better side dishes. You get fed up of having chips with everything and the spicy rice wasn't really spicy - so would be good to have something else to liven it up. That said - I'd definitely recommend it.

Visited September 2012
Since 2012 we have a new menu...see our web site. You'll find a great range of fresh, healthy, delicious dishes. Please try us again !
Wiltshire, England
“Stunning Lebanese cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was staying in Wimbledon last week and, as usual when I'm away on business, I checked out the local restaurant reviews. I was spoiled for choice in Wimbledon as every other store front seems to be a restaurant; you could do a mini tour of the cuisines of the world without ever leaving The Broadway, I reckon.

Anyway, Cedar had good reviews so I gave it a go. Don't be put off by the appearance of the place; it doesn't present itself as a high class restaurant. However, get past the initial visuals and plunge straight into the food, which is amongst the best I've ever had.

Service was friendly and attentive and the young waiter who served me was very pleasant. I was the only customer in the restaurant at the time, so I was able to chat to him a bit about the food options on offer.

I'm a vegetarian so I elected to go for a mezze made of four options from the starters menu (actually there are two starters menus, one for hot starters, one for cold). I went for hummus with chilli powder (stunning; plenty of olive oil, just the right amount of spice), an aubergine moussaka, a special potato dish and falafel with chilli peppers. Each dish allowed the expression of the textures and flavours of the dishes to shine through - simple presentations, but beautifully executed. The waiter recommended four starters to form a mezze; I'm a light eater so three would probably have done, but with food this good I simply couldn't leave any on the table! I had a Lebanese beer to accompany my meal - the first time I've had such a drink, and it hit the spot.

Prices are very reasonable, the cooking is great, service is superb...what's not to like? I will make this a destination on my next visit to Wimbledon/Merton.

• Visited September 2012