“Dining at the Flix”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Situated just of the North Circular Road, in the cinema complex at Finchley
Very good parking all round the restaurant. In fact if your are visiting the cinema and dining, parking, is much easier than in the main complex.
Menu is that of a typical french bistro with onion soup a speciality.
Service was reasonably quick for a Saturday evening, which is quite important if dining before a film. Very noisy considering it was only half full
Food was just above average, with meagre portions but reasonably priced as were the drinks.
Ideal for a quick meal before or after the cinema, but nothing more.

Cannesdid ........surfingsyd

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I used to love this place as it's really near to me and I love their hot chocolates. My boyfriend and I used to go to the Brighton one for hot chocolate dates when we first met so thought we would continue the tradition in the Finchley one... We stopped going here after a horrendous experience so we haven't been back since.

I went on a Sunday afternoon for food and hot chocolate with my sister. First off the place is FAR too busy and everyone was so squashed in. We ordered food, after asking for it so many times an hour later it arrived. I ordered a chicken salad - the chicken was raw, it was so pink and literally just seared on the outside. It was disgusting and I was so hungry as well but couldn't touch any of it. The male manager was very understanding and apologetic and took it off the bill for us. He was very stressed out as they were apparently a chef down and had other chefs filling in, the big table next to us also waiting an hour for their starters. I saw so many plates of food getting sent back to the kitchen. I was so angry as this was supposed to be a good meal with my sister who I hadn’t seen in a while, the experience was totally ruined.

We paid for 1 meal (my sisters, a steak baguette with 2 thin pieces of steak in it) and the hot chocolates then left and ate in McDonalds. Every time I go here something happens like the raw chicken incident or slow service or just generally waiting so long for everything. The waitress staff are so moody also, one of the girls was talking really loud about some customers and it's not the type of thing other customers should be hearing.

I also dislike the really small portions, the salad had about 4 thin bits of raw chicken in it and the dessert portions are shocking. The creme bruIee is like 2 spoonfuls. I know chain restaurants serve measured portions but here it’s ridiculous. If café rouge did takeaways then I would always get a takeaway hot chocolate but would never eat here again unless we were desperate for food.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I like Cafe rouge and have ate in loads of them but they really should update the menu. I basically end up having to have the same thing as the choice hasnt changed in years. The manager at Finchley was excellent really friendly offering us a choice of tables and the food was good but the powers that be should overhaul the menu.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

it was nice but there isn't a view accept for some trees. The staff a not nice and there are a lot of nice food in café rouge and the area of seating is well put

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The desserts in this place are not great, made me go off my Creme Brulee, one of my favourite desserts. Selection of drinks are great, coffee isnt the best.

Service is great, location is great, building needs work but as nice setting.

A quick drink before the movies and much better than Harry's bar in Finchley.

A little pricey...