“Great attentive waiters!”
Review of Gaucho - City

Gaucho - City
Ranked #1,993 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City of London
Transit: Tube:Bank/Monument
Description: Gaucho source the finest grass-fed beef in the world from Argentina, along with an offering of many other Argentine specialities which range from Latin American style ceviche to chorizo, Gulf de San Jorge lobster, Patagonian lamb and Argentine gambas to traditional empanadas and fine wine. We also offer the largest wine selection in the world outside of Argentina in our restaurants and guests can buy many of the wines from our wine boutique, Cavas de Gaucho on Swallow Street. With seasonally changing menus served across all of our restaurants, we also offer The Gaucho Lunch menu, either two or three courses, between Monday and Friday.
United Kingdom
“Great attentive waiters!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We went here for dinner on a Friday night for my birthday, from the second we walked in the door the service we recieved was top notch. We were met by a girl on the door who found our reservation in the book and took our coats and a few extra shopping bags I had (so much nicer than having to load them on the back of the chair & under the table), she asked if it was a special ocassion. The waiter we had once we sat down was a young Argentian chap who was very friendly yet professional, he was very clued up on the wine and the whole menu without putting any pressure on us. The raw steaks brought out on the board and him talking through them all and asking us questions as to what we like and what would best suit us was a particular highlight.

In the end we went for scallops and trout to start, and we shared CHURRASCO DE LOMO (400g for £41) which was a spiral cut fillet marinated for 48 hours in garlic & parsley, sides we chose the garlic & lemon spinach, chips and the special which was a hot cabbage salad. For dessert my partner ordered dessert wine & I had the special which was caramel and almond tart, they brought it out with "happy birthday" written gorgeously in caramel sauce. It was a nice touch (and it tasted divine!) He filled my wine glass to the top with the same dessert wine my partner ordered but he only charged us for the 1 glass.

We absolutely loved the food here and our waiter was great and really made the night special for us, the cow print style decor is great too (although maybe not to everyone's tastes so you should look on the website gallery first). The total bill came to £110 including service so very good for such a great night.

• Visited May 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Made me want to be vegetarian”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

OK. This is a steak restaurant. I was expecting steak. What I was not expecting was to have a wooden slab covered in cuts of raw meat waved in my face by the waiter so that I could choose which cut I would like. The menu was perfectly adequate in detail for me to know what I wanted. If I want a biology lesson, I now know where to go. This approach made me want to vomit, and ensures that I will never visit another Gaucho restaurant.
The steak was adequate, I have had better at home cooked by my boyfriend - I felt it was underseasoned and did not really do the animal justice.
Accompanying vegetables - again, ok.
I think "OK" pretty much sums it up.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Redangelact
Tasmania
“Great steaks with up market service...and price”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was taken here by friends from the financial district as walk ins.

Great location, atmosphere and service. They would present a tray of steaks to show what was on offer and would discuss options with you.

In my case I simply asked the waiter to tell the chef to have a look for a nice piece of meat around 400g cooked rare for me. As we were seated next to the kitchen which was open, I saw a discussion, the chef looked at me, gave me a knowing nod and did just that.

He selected a piece of rump and cooked it to perfection. We later had a discussion about it and he was pleased that I would trust him to use his knowledge and I left very satisfied and full.

it was about 26 pounds for my meal, so not cheap, but given the level of service and atmosphere etc of the restaurant I was very happy with it and would go back again.

Visited June 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast at Gaucho”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Continental breakfast doesn't include any good Veg hot breakfast option. It was just fruits, Milk cereals and Bakery items. I was thinking it should have baked beans, Hash brown or potetos etc apart from Egg and Mushrooms.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Shaunak_Sheth
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“not up to expectation”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Having had a wonderful steak meal at the O2 branch, I took my family to the City version with tales of succulents steaks. But we were all a bit nonplussed. The steaks were ok and noramlly quite good in any other place, but at the price and having had a good experience the steaks were a bit "lame". just average really with no zing. Not bad but not wow. service as always first class and attentive. Shame, back to O2 or Goodman or maybe Hawksmoor for us.

• Visited June 2012