“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: East End / East London
Louth, Lincolnshire
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Food was lovely and atmosphere great but would have liked some help and guidance from the waiters. We couldn't use the chop sticks and failed to catch the eye of any waiter to secure other suitable utensils.

• Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Good, tasty vietnamese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We got there around 7.15 on a Wednesday night - but it really filled up after 8!
Service was good - the waiter answered our questions and gave some recommendations.
We went for the chicken and prawn crispy pancake as suggested by reviews on Foursquare - the size was impressive and big enough to share, but it is deep fried.
For mains, I had the chicken stew in a clay pot, which was spicy and similar to a Thai green curry. Good flavours and just enough heat from the chilies! I paired it with the aubergine side.
My boyfriend went for the vermicelli noodles with beef, flavoured with lemongrass - it was a just the right amount of serving and tasted really good, with tender beef.
Prices were adequate but built up quickly with appetizers and mains (we had jasmine tea for drinks). We would definitely go back and try more of the menu in the future.

• Visited October 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Adore this place..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The only thing preventing me from scoring Tre Viet a perfect 10 is lack of desserts on the menu.. it will be mandatory for all restaurants to offer desserts when I'm empress of everything. Other than that it's perfect. I'd recommend pretty much everything, I've never had a bad meal at Tre Viet and go at least once a week.

• Visited September 2012
Basel, Switzerland
“tasty good value food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Delicious and good value! Nice busy restaurant.

I had pork summer rolls which were delicious, my sister had prawn spring rolls which were very good as well. To be honest the starters were the highlight of the meal, but the Pho that followed was plentiful and tasty.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Up against the competition this fairs the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

If you live in the East End, one would usually head to the Kingsland Road, or Shoreditch for a spot of Vietnamese and for night life afterwards I would still recommend doing this.
But if what you are looking for is a local in Hackney to pop along Mare Street and grab some week day supper then don't do anywhere other than here.
I did put my research in first, I asked my Vietnamese nail technition and my Vietnamese hairdresser what the best one and they all suggested Tre Viet. I've been meaning to try it for a while, and after 5 weeks in Asia I'm craving some good authentic food.
The conclusion is I wish trip adviser added a good rating. It was good. some dishes where very good you see, anyway I will give it a very good rating as it was above average.
All big portions.
Salt and Pepper Calamari - very tender.
Chicken friend rice - Massive, the chicken is cooked fresh, I could taste the oil in this dish had been re used though which I don't like.
Duck was just duck and the pankakes still in their wrapper rather than in a nice steamed basket.
Chicken Satay - Beautifully tender
Prawn Summer rolls - Good fresh and tasty

Service was quick.
The place is a bit canteen like but it was busy and usually is when we walk past which is a good sign.

• Visited January 2012