“Love it, love it, love it”
Review of The Bengal Lancer

The Bengal Lancer
Order Online
Ranked #5,689 of 28,474 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since opening in 1984, we at the Bengal Lancer have prided ourselves on providing our customers with authentic, freshly prepared and beautifully presented food of the highest quality. We continue to serve classic dishes found throughout India alongside our own unique, modern interpretations. While many restaurants claim to serve authentic food, in our case it is absolutely true. Our team carry several decades worth of experience and our long-nurtured skill and passion is apparent in classic dishes such as Rogon Gosht, Chicken Saagwala and even our Saag Aloo, all of which carry a real depth of flavour. Specials such as Chicken Chasnidargh, Liver Hazri and Subjee Begun Pie, are exclusive to the Bengal Lancer, and showcase our ability to experiment with classic flavours and create something truly memorable.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this place. We do a work evening here once a month because its local and the food is great. The service can be spotty, but mostly they are good and good humoured. We usually turn up late and a group of 6 at a minimum.
The prawn puri starter is a big draw for a lot of my colleagues, and the lamb samosas are the best. They have a really good offering of curry's from super mild to hot and spicy. I definitely recommend this one.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank FoodyNandK
Write a reviewReviews (132)

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Having recently moved to the area, I figured I’d try the local curry provider. Sadly it will be my only visit. The chicken tikka masala was so sweet that it was almost inedibl. No depth of flavour, no fresh coriander. The Paneer Jalfrezi was marginally better, with a bit of spice, but still below average. I would guess that the pilau rice was cooked in oil, not ghee, as it tasted fried. Guess I’ll have to look further afield for my monthly hit of spice.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed July 3, 2019

We were staying in the area and didn’t want to travel far to eat, so after the compulsory scroll on trip advisor we found this little gem.
Lovely staff, very friendly and helpful. Didn’t even flinch when one of us accidentally swept a plate on the floor and smashed it ( luckily empty, no food wasted)
Our curries were delicious, nicely presented and more than enough, even for our greedy appetites. Prices very reasonable. If you are in the area and fancy a curry I’d recommend eating here.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten food from this establishment for as long as I can remember and can't fault the staff or food. The portions are sizeable, the flavours are perfect and the staff bend over backwards to accommodate. I couldn't recommend this place enough and make sure I get takeaway or eat in at least once a month. 5*

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019

My husband and I fancied a late night curry after a concert at the O2 Forum down the road. Arrived at 11.15 pm to an empty restaurant but they were happy to accommodate us. Not rushed at all despite the late hour and ordered our food. Quite a different, varied menu but was pleasantly surprised with our choices. Very well cooked and presented and courteous staff. A very enjoyable end to our evening before catching the tube 2 mins away after midnight to our hotel in Camden.

Date of visit: April 2019