“Lovely food and great service”

Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #511 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: One of a family of worldwide restaurants, London's Patara restaurant brings sophisticated Thai dining to Soho's Greek Street. Tastefully decorated with plenty of atmosphere thanks to subdued lighting, huge pots of orchids, flickering candles, silk-covered banquettes and Thai figurines inlaid with glass mosaic tiles, it's ideal for a romantic dinner for two. The Patara kitchen is ambitious, producing excellent creations of classic Thai cuisine like tom yum goong soup; beef with green curry and;, of course, pad Thai noodles. The service is renowned for its excellence and the wine list begins at a reasonably-priced level. Someone in the kitchen has an eye for beauty, too, because at Patara restaurant each dish is exquisitely arranged to delight your eye as well as your palate. Patara Thai restaurant is a haven from Soho's scruffiness; a glamorous, romantic, authentic, professional spot for an excellent dining experience.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went here with friends to celebrate their birthdays and found the service prompt and food was excellent. We have been to Patara on Maddox st and found their food was lacking in taste. Compared to that, this branch, the food was excellent. Defo going back when in London.

1 Thank Raj P

• Polish first
Portland, Oregon
“Overpriced and underspiced lunch”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Some of the food was good but for these prices, we expected they would be outstanding. The soup was the best part of the meal. Service was good.

Chicago, IL
“Fabulous food all around with great dessert!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went here with visiting family from Norway on a Friday night. We had a reservation for 5 and were seated within minutes. The owner came by the table to ask if we had any questions which of course we had lots. He probably spent close to 10 minutes with us helping us decide, making recommendations, helping us change our minds so that we got the combinations right. Wow are we ever so happy that he did! Every single recommendation was spot on and all of us cleaned our plates. I had the crispy duck with grilled pineapple and I wanted fried rice, but he told me that it was an aromatic dish and to get white rice instead....the sauce was so fantastic I dumped my white rice in it to soak it all up. I almost didnt order dessert because I did not want the taste to go away. That would have been a mistake. The dessert was Madagascan home made vanilla ice cream with toasted almond and baked banana. Fantastic...is all that I can say. The others in my party had the Lobster Phad, the Lamb Shank, the Cod, and the Chicken. Phad. Everyone's plates were empty and we all had to go for a much needed walk afterwards because the portions were generous! If you are in Soho and you miss this gem of a restaurant you have missed out!

1 Thank grkgal26
London
“Excellent food, terrible service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Booked Patara on the basis of the TripAdvisor reviews for a table of 3 for dinner. After we arrived, one of our party went to the toilet. Whilst he was away from the table, the waitress started clearing away his place setting. I had to ask for it to be reset. Then we had no further attention from the waiters for 15 minutes - no one asked what we wanted to drink, no one offered to take any orders, despite at least 4 staff chatting barely 10 feet from our table. We had to call them over to order drinks, then call them over again to order our food. One of the waiters poured fizzy water into my still water, without apologising, then tried to top up my now-fizzy water with still water. Then no-one came to take our plates away when we had finished. And the restaurant wasn't even busy - there were only about 6 tables in use. Shocking and disgraceful. Such a shame as the food was extremely good.

London, United Kingdom
“Tantalisingly tasty!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Patara is my new favourite Thai restaurant in London, it never fails to impress with a wide range of fragrant beautiful dishes. Each plate has its only sublime elegant flavour, beautifully presented and of the highest quality. I've tried a few of their set menu's, and on my most recent visit sampled the crispy duck leg in pineapple. Everything is cooked to perfection, of generous size and extremely moorish. Last time I popped in at 2.30pm on a Sunday with my family, very last minute without a booking. The staff were lovely considering they were closing up, and allowed us in for lunch providing we ordered quickly!