“Lovely food - very pricy”

Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #505 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: One of a family of worldwide restaurants, London's Patara restaurant brings sophisticated Thai dining to Soho's Greek Street. Tastefully decorated with plenty of atmosphere thanks to subdued lighting, huge pots of orchids, flickering candles, silk-covered banquettes and Thai figurines inlaid with glass mosaic tiles, it's ideal for a romantic dinner for two. The Patara kitchen is ambitious, producing excellent creations of classic Thai cuisine like tom yum goong soup; beef with green curry and;, of course, pad Thai noodles. The service is renowned for its excellence and the wine list begins at a reasonably-priced level. Someone in the kitchen has an eye for beauty, too, because at Patara restaurant each dish is exquisitely arranged to delight your eye as well as your palate. Patara Thai restaurant is a haven from Soho's scruffiness; a glamorous, romantic, authentic, professional spot for an excellent dining experience.
“Lovely food - very pricy”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The food is beautiful, tasty and flavoursome
I had the tuna tartar to start which was very yummy, the sea bass curry and pad thai for mains.
All the food was amazing.
The staff were polite and the restaurant was busy. My only criticism is it is very pricy for what it is. You could probably go to a cheeper thai and it still be just as tasty. As much as I enjoyed the food I don't think I would go back

• Polish first
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We won't be going back. But rather than preach to you, here are the facts. I'll let you decide for yourself whether you want to book here:

- 5 of us, booked for 2pm
- One of the starters arrived 10 minutes after the others
- One of the main courses arrived 10 minutes after the others
- One of the main courses was tepid, so had to be replaced
- We ordered a second bottle of wine, which arrived and was opened, to then be told the restaurant was closing in 10 minutes time at 330pm and we would need to pay and leave
- The manager had gone home
- We had to go and fish our coats out of the cloakroom ourselves

I have to say the food was good, but in a city full of great restaurants that's not enough. Good luck Patara.

“Excellent food”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went to Patara in a group. The restaurant was packed which probably can explain why we had to try and catch the servers' attention. We had a table upstairs which was nicer than the basement dining area. That said it is one of the best Thai restaurants I have been to in London. I had the Green mango salad with soft shell crab and the spiced crispy duck leg confit in tamarind sauce and both were excellent. Prices were average by Soho standards. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food Awful Service”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the years and the food is so clean, fresh and wonderfully spiced, on this occasion the food was equally as good but the service WOW!
We entered at 12.15pm for a 12.45 booking ( I thought it was booked earlier) as it was a winters day we went in anyway, when we asked for our booked table we were asked to take a seat in the waiting area by the door (we had a baby 11mths and a 5 year old), there was not one person in the restaurant and they make us wait to be seated?
I went to the toilet and when I came back my wife and the kids were at the table without a baby chair - my wife had asked to be told they did not have any! As I could not believe this in this day and age I asked what I assumed was the manager and he confirmed that they did not have any - no explanation or apology . I was fuming and wanted to leave but our guests arrived and calmed me down.
At every occasion throughout I had to get someone's attention. To order a drink, to order starters, to order mains, to ask for water, to get our wine topped up (several times) as it was kept in a bucket away from the table, to ask for the bill - it was a complete joke and I have never experienced such poor service, especially as there was only four other tables for lunch. We were told that the kitchen was closing if we wanted dessert so we declined. A bill of £255 was paid for 4 adults and 1 child for lunch and I'm sure the restaurant would like a lot more tables like ours! Food and wine were great but I have lost all faith in Patara after this horrendous service and will not be returning. If you have small kids just go somewhere else. Such a shame as could be brilliant if all the essential little things were covered.
At no time was any apology for anything made and no check back throughout our meal, they were just not interested and have probably worked there for to long and need to move on.I know what I would do with the entire staff!

London, United Kingdom
“Glass fell apart in my hand”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was served a cocktail of which the bottom of the glass fell off when i took my first sip. The entire drink (ice cold) ended up on my lap, in my shoes and on my bag. The manager didnt even say sorry - he blamed it on his supplier & me! I had to tell him i wasnt paying for my meal, he didnt even offer. He was very rude and his poor service reflected on the rest of the staff. Apart from that, good food.