Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Patara Fine Thai Restaurant - Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #511 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: One of a family of worldwide restaurants, London's Patara restaurant brings sophisticated Thai dining to Soho's Greek Street. Tastefully decorated with plenty of atmosphere thanks to subdued lighting, huge pots of orchids, flickering candles, silk-covered banquettes and Thai figurines inlaid with glass mosaic tiles, it's ideal for a romantic dinner for two. The Patara kitchen is ambitious, producing excellent creations of classic Thai cuisine like tom yum goong soup; beef with green curry and;, of course, pad Thai noodles. The service is renowned for its excellence and the wine list begins at a reasonably-priced level. Someone in the kitchen has an eye for beauty, too, because at Patara restaurant each dish is exquisitely arranged to delight your eye as well as your palate. Patara Thai restaurant is a haven from Soho's scruffiness; a glamorous, romantic, authentic, professional spot for an excellent dining experience.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having spent a lot of time in Thailand just as recently as December - this place amazed me. The sea bass fillet char grilled with herb curry in banana leave is the best Thai dish i have ever tasted and that's some statement! Definitely going back! Sooner rather than later ! Service was good, food fantastic, so highly recommend.

• Polish first
Carterton, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was a meal for my partners 40th birthday which included family. The food was delicious and full of flavour. The restaurant had the right ambience. The staff were very helpful.

San Jose, CA
“Yummy Thai Fusion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found this restaurant through TripAdvisor and were so pleased to find it. The food was fantastic, the ambiance was lovely. I had the grilled prawns, and they were truly prawns, not shrimp that they tried to pass off as prawns. The sterno underneath my dish was a added bonus to keep the food warm as well. Everyone else at our table thoroughly enjoyed their food as well. The only thing I wish could have been different was that our waitress was distracted by a big party across the room. Even while she was taking our order, she had to go over to the other party to help her staff figure out the food serving for that group.

Thank you TripAdvisor for this recommendation!

London, United Kingdom
“A little gem, a lucky find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I went looking for a Korean restaurant in Soho but gave up and entered the Patara instead, Good decision! The place was a bit quiet as we visited rather earlier than normal for us, around 6pm, so we found ourselves at the centre of attention for a bit. Usually that puts me right off, but somehow the staff were fussy without being annoying. As for the meal, well it was amazingly good, really delicious. I had the hoyshell pad ped - lobster and scallops in red curry sauce, my grlfriend went with the beef curry. Both were perfect, the red curry sauce especially was exquisite. It was one of the best meals which we have enjoyed in ages! I would happily return and/or recommend a friend to visit this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“If you want classy food in classy setting, this is the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Loved it all 3 times I went there. I work nearby . A bit expensive for lunch with colleagues.

If I have time and want to go for a dinner with my wife, I would be more than happy to go here .

Excellent food and ambience