“Nice little surprise”

Ranked #5,359 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: ASK Italian in Grafton Way is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Grafton Way menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nicer than previous asks ive been in. Good prosecco, great prawn starter and decent pollo milanese. Friendly staff and interesting layout.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room is a bit characterless and lacked atmosphere - though it was a bitterly cold Thursday evening so not especially busy.
Staff were great - definitely the highlight, and service prompt.
The food was a dissapointment. A starter of dough balls was stodgy and burned and a belly pork 'stew' was a brick of meat served on a bed of greasy roast potatoes that looked and tasted suspiciously similar to a Marks & Spencer ready meal I'd eaten a couple of weeks earlier.
Wine was good and prices good value.
Restaurants in London are too numerous to have to put up with mediocre food like this, I won't be visiting again.

1  Thank SCT55
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a one-course meal ruined by damagingly slow service at another branch, I brought my son and his girlfriend here on a Thursday evening, with no deadlines, to celebrate my birthday.

We arrived a little early for our booking, but were seated immediately, and our waiter rushed over to introduce himself. It was busy, but the staff were friendly and professional, and coped superbly.

We had three courses and enjoyed them all. The service was seamless. We weren't rushed to get to the next course, or made to wait. It's a skill!

We will eat in Ask again, and there's only one branch we'll avoid! .

Reviewed March 16, 2013

A colleague and I nipped in for a quick, cheap lunch, and got exactly that. They offer half sixe pasta portions with a side salad, which is great for lunchtime.
Service was very good.
I heard a customer at a nearby table complain about the disappointingly small portion she got, but the waiter simply asked her what else she would like, and got it for her straight away.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Walked in on a Thursday evening after work and got a table for 2 straight away. Friendly and attentive staff and the food was perfect. The salads in ASK are always good. I got a pizza which was delicious and the menu online advertises the calories as well which I was particularly pleased with. We used a deal of 2 mains for £12.50 which was accepted without us evening saying anything. Our voucher was on the table to give to the waitress but she saw it and said she will take it and deal with it. I always save room for their dessert. The Chocolate Nemesis is all I have every time I go to ASK it was as delicious as always. My orange juice was freshly squeezed as well. If I had to make any comment I would have said it would have been slightly more refreshing chilled but otherwise no complaints and I would go back there again and would recommend.

1  Thank Revieweress

Been to Ask Italian - London - Grafton Way? Share your experiences!