“Piri Piri Squid or Shashimi Tuna?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Japan - CLOSED

Bar Japan
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Earls Court
Cheadle-Hulme - UK
“Piri Piri Squid or Shashimi Tuna?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Well I opted for the Piri Piri Squid to start and spicy chicken for main and was not disapointed.
Will try the sashimi next time.
Service was fast and efficient. Decor was bland and basic, but the flavoursome food more than made up for that.

London, United Kingdom
“Great Japanese food in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We went here yesterday. The fact it was called 'Bar Japan' made me expect the worst, the fact that it was empty didn't help either. Boy was I surprised though. The sashimi was some of the best I've had in London: Fresh, firm fish, served on ice in half bamboo shoots. No fish smell, and really delicious. The noodles and main were also extremely tasty and with great quality ingredients. The only criticism I have is for the staff, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm criticizing. They were friendly and attentive, but somehow a little distant, and sometimes, despite the place being empty, they were a bit hard to get over. Otherwise this is a terrific find, and close to home so I'll be back

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Andrew G
“Not worth a visit”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I live if Earls Court and loves sushi so I have been to many sushi bars in London and had been looking forward to visit this local sushi bar for a long time. We chose the Olympic opening night with a few friends.
However, the service was really poor. The waitress didn't understand how many hand rolls we needed after the third time of explanation. We waited at least 25min for the first serve after arrivinf at 7:30 with only one other table occupied and they had forgotten one of the starters.
Plus, it is rather expensive compare to many good restaurants in Earls Court.
Thanks to bar Japan, we nearly missed the Olympics opening ceremony on the TV.

Europe
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Deliciously freshly prepared food. Great bento boxes and sashimi and very reasonable by Japanese restaurant standards. Efficient service.

• Visited November 2011
London , UK
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a nice, simple Japanese restaurant. The menu is not very extensive, but not bad.

The food was good, the service friendly and efficient, and although I would happily eat here again there was nothing that made me want to rush back. Cheap wooden disposable chopsticks spoiled things a little.

• Visited December 2011