“Real Italian food just like mamma cooks it”
Review of Stef's Italian - CLOSED

Stef's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Transit: Equal distance from Oxford Circus Tube and Tottenham Court Road Tube 5 mins walk from either!
Description: Based within trendy Soho Square, Stef's Italian restaurant in London serves authentic cuisine paired with a selective and complementing wine list. Out front, a quaint terrace caters for al fresco dining, whilst inside, chocolate leather sofa booths, mirrored walls and contemporary spotlights fill the dining room.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

4 of us went to Stef's last night for dinner. As it's Christmas holiday time I booked a table for 7:30pm, my boyfriend and I arrived a bit earlier than this but we were quickly shown a table and brought menus and offered drinks while we waited for our friends. One friend was running 20 minutes late but the staff didn't hassle us to hurry and were really attentive throughout the time we were there. The food was delicious, lovely flavours and genuine Italian meals which are quite frankly hard to find in London. I had a vegetarian main meal, pancakes stuffed with ricotta cheese and mushrooms which was yum and my boyfriend said the veal was exactly how it arrives in restaurants in Italy. The manager was more than helpful and recommended some tasty wines that weren't budget breaking in price. It was my second visit and I'll definitely be returning. A super restaurant in the heart of a busy London area and a real gem to find.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We recently spent a long lunch on a work xmas party at Stef's, there were about 30 of us and to a person we all enjoyed the food which was just fantastic. The staff are attentive and even in a party of this size, knew exactly who was having what dish for each course. Our party was paid for by the company, though the cost per head was very reasonable, the portions were generous and not at the expense of quality. The calimari was as good as it gets.

One thing is for sure, we will be going back to Stef's and I would suggest you do too.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went to Stef's a few weeks back with my girlfriend. At arrival they were confused about the seating even tough there was not more then 2 other couples in the restaurant.

We had to switch since the table we were given hadn't been cleaned. The new table didn't have any napkins so we had to grab from another table ourselves. My girlfriend asked if she could switch from potatoes to pasta which wasn't possible they told her. First I was served the wrong food and without explanation the waiter just took the plate away without as much an excuse.

After that the waiter seemed quite annoyed. Staff was having arguments at the bar and the atmosphere just felt bad and awkward. Before my girlfriend had even stopped chewing on her last bite of food the plates were taking away abruptly. Everything felt really rushed and it seemed like they only wanted us to leave.

Food is ok, some dishes are very small, others are good.
But since my last visit I won't go back to Stef's I'm afraid.

1  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have now visted Stef's 3 years running, all at different times of the day and times of year and each time we have not been dissapointed. We travel as a party of 2 and have tried things we would never consider from any mainstream restaurant. Each time we have been served with a gorgeous meal cooked perfectly. The service is always superb with friendly waiters and Stef himself is a pleasure, he personally greets us every time since our first visit. It is nice to see such a personal service in a restaurant such as Stef's placed in such a busy and popular location. All in all a must visit, we will be returning in the new year!!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great meal, good service last night at Stef's. We had our work Xmas party and all had a good time. We were last there and left at gone midnight, there was no pressure on us to leave. We were made to feel welcome. Would definitely book there again.