“Very nice food, poor service from our waitress ruined the night”

Ark Fish Restaurant
Ranked #2,488 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Very nice food, poor service from our waitress ruined the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very nice food, poor service from our waitress ruined the night. She kept asking us what we wanted then either not returning for ages or looked around seemingly uninterested..

shame though, food was lovely

Wilton Manors, Florida
“By far the best restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant many times and have never had a bad meal. The portions are huge and very filling. The desserts are delicious too.
The car park is tiny but you can park on the street.
Only draw back; you can't make a reservation, so if you don't want to wait, get there early or late.

London, United Kingdom
“The Ark - simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I plus members of our family have been in love with The Ark fish restaurant in South Woodford for many years and have always enjoyed our visits. Last Saturday was no exception. I had a gorgeous wing of skate and my husband was delighted with his large fillet of halibut. Before this we had tucked into two generous helpings of moules mariniere and shared a nice bottle of South African sauvignon blanc. The service was as usual friendly and prompt and you are greeted warmly on entering, always a plus on a cold wet miserable evening! Quite exceptional value and consistently excellent food. Yes we will be back - again and again.....

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointed after high hopes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just returned from the ark after a Sunday evening meal. Unfortunately my reasonably high expectation were not met.
These are the things that didn't go too well
They forgot to tell us what was off the menu so we to reevaluate quickly once we knew
The monkfish tails were fried but remained very greasy
A pudding was removed before we had finished
The service was rushed, Sunday evenings the obviously want to go home, we were ushered out at 9 and were th last to leave
The decor is dated and unimaginative
The good...
Great mains, good wine ( reasonably priced) and impl but effective puddings
Cost £100 all in, too much for this evening, hopefully they were just having a bad service

“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to the Ark on Saturday afternoon. My wife had plaice on the bone and I had halibut. Both meals were absolutely fantastic. Simple food cooked to perfection and the best piece of halibut I have ever eaten (hence my review).

• Visited January 2013