“Absolutely marvellous every single time. Perfect for private functions too.”

Cheyne Walk Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheyne Walk Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,811 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Transit: Sloane Square, South Kensington
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely marvellous every single time. Perfect for private functions too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I've been to this restaurant on and off over the years. The food has been brilliant every time and the wine choice is impressive. The staff are also very attentive. The place is private and conducive to either romantic meals or a group of friends meeting up. You can hear each other too! The place is cosy.

I am going to review two recent events. The first was my close friend's hen night. The organisation of this, in a private room upstairs, was effortless and easy. All the correspondence with the restaurant was slick and smooth. I was able to add some nice touches to the private room for the hen night and the room was a perfect size for such a smart do. The food was hot and timely and delicious, the drinks came on time and the staff were attentive. I think we were given our own staff upstairs, at least that's how good the service was. Going back the next day to collect things was easy too. I cannot fault a single thing.

It was such a success that when it came to booking a place for my child's baptism, it was a no brainer to go back to CWB. We booked the larger private room upstairs and again, the planning and communication was effortless and easy. No stress, no worries. The canapés were delicious and timely, the staff were amazing and helpful and friendly (I recognised some from the hen night) and the house champagne was positively commented on by our guests. Arranging a cake to be delivered there, for me to decorate it, and for them to cut it at a certain time was easy too. Our guests had a brilliant time, baby change upstairs meant no parents had a stress about that. Pushchairs were parked out of the way and I was able to collect personal items etc later into the evening when it was convenient to me. The space up there is lovely, light and airy. We had a nice breeze from the windows and the view over the river was impressive. There were enough sofas for those who wanted to sit.

Some of our friends had lunch there before the baptism and said the food was delicious (she's a frank foodie) and the staff were attentive to them and her daughter.

We need to go there more often and I hope we will. In fact, I have another big event coming up and I will be going back there again for that!

A big thank you to everyone there. I hope more people take advantage of this wonderful secret and private restaurant. Especially in the summer when it is ideal for a gorgeous walk by the river after dinner in the late evening breeze. Or during the day after lunch.

• Visited May 2014

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Authentic, always fresh and great service.

Try the beef cooked in the open oven. But ask for recommendations, the waiters are knowledgable and keen to assist.

For a 'local restaurant' this is first class.

Stockton on Tees
“Good food, slow service, overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a pleasant restaurant with wood fire stove as a centrepiece. Service low key and at times very slow. Fixed price lunch menu only bought out 5 minutes after the a la carte. I defected to this -£32 for 3 courses and 12.5% 'optional' service charge (ugh). The others diners had decided to stick with their previous decisions. My wife enjoyed a good soup of the day- vegetable. The French onion soup our colleague had was also excellent. I enjoyed a baked Camembert- hang on this is pub grub at haute cuisine prices. Oh and by the way bread is an extra £2.50. + 12.5%. Even for this part of the World that produces a wow factor.
For mains I had a very tasty sirloin. My wife felt her chateaubriand was top notch and our colleague felt his cod dish was also of a high standard. Desserts were a white chocolate mousse with liqueur cherries, a creme brûlée and a selection of sorbets.
Total time in restaurant - 2 hours. Slow.
A reasonable restaurant but nothing to rave about except a bill for the thick end of £200 for a non alcoholic lunch.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank theflyingdoctor
Savannah, Georgia
“"Don't Tell Anyone!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

A real neighborhood French restaurant. A real good one too! A cozy, home-like atmosphere with some great French food. A room-centered grill cooks up great fish, lamb, veal, duck (wow), and steaks. Highly recommended and very reasonably priced.

Visited March 2014
“Recent dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very good brasserie type ambience. Some staff helpful, others dismissive. Excellent steak, but taking it all into account very overpriced. Two dined, had three courses, two large aperitifs, 1.5 bottles of mid range wine. Total bill including service £340.

• Visited February 2014