“Appalling staff attitude”

Sapid Coffee
Order Online
Ranked #1,279 of 1,668 Quick Bites in London
Reviewed July 4, 2019

We stopped here on a very hot day for cappucino and soft drinks as they had a back garden. It is unloved, no plants, but a nice space.
When we got up to leave, the bench outside caught on my trousers and ripped a hole in the bottom. This was due to an uneven piece of wood sticking up slightly on the seat. On my way out, I reported to the staff that they should fix this so that no other customers damaged their clothing. The female staff member replied 'that's ok' and returned to what she was doing. To be fair the male member of staff asked if I was ok so at least he made an effort. A nice cappucino but poor service and a ruined pair of my favourite summer trousers.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

One of the staff members that served me was friendly, the other one wasn’t.

Ordered a ‘Green’ smoothie. Was quite warm when it arrived, wasn’t tasty but was drinkable.

Usual fancy sandwiches, sweet stuff and healthy foods and usual drinks hot or cold and, over priced. These kind of shops always are.

Smoothie wouldn’t make me come back just for it, but, I may sit here if I meet a friend locally again.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Came in over the weekend with my partner for their new juices. We waited nearly 15 minutes to be served some semi cold and bland green juices, which cost £7. The most frustrating part was that the cashier was also the juice maker so whenever a customer came in, she would stop making our juices. We literally saw around 7 customers come and go after we had ordered. One lady came in just before our juices were being blended and she opted also for the green juice, which meant delaying our order further as they began to add her ingredients into the same blender. What was perhaps the final insult to injury was that there was not a single apology for our wait. We use to come in regularly for coffees and treats. Will no longer be coming back. Absolutely zero customer service.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

I often pop to get a take out coffee en route to clissold Park. The coffee is great and the staff are nice, the danger is resisting the cakes. If you can’t the almond croissants are great!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

A really nice place for a coffee and cake/pastry. Friendly efficient staff who know their regulars but make the casual diner feel equally welcome. My cap was a bit milder than I like but was still very good and the almond croissant was superb. Overall the cost was less than my local Costas/Nero and was a far more interesting experience.

Date of visit: August 2018