I stumbled across this pub two years ago. I am a regular traveller to London, and have found this pub to always have great service and friendly staff and an excellent atmosphere. It is not the biggest pub in London, or indeed the area, but it is certainly amongst the best and has a consistently good atmosphere, excellent beer and good selection of whiskey/whisky. Food has always been very good, and the pies are excellent. For me it is what a real pub should be like.
I have only stayed there once, as normally I stay in my own flat, and found the accommodation very good. I didn't experience the noise problem referred to by others, but if you are a light sleeper, then Smithfield is not the place to stay as the market works through the night. But the rooms are excellent.
A great London pub, clean, good atmosphere, good food, and in my experience, always a great friendly welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the lively & exciting Smithfield area, the former original London gin-joint has been lovingly restored to its former glory and a whole lot more as well. The Fox & Anchor originates from the late Victorian era and has been serving the traders of Smithfield market for years. Grand mahogany doors, etched glass and heavy brass, we serve great British food alongside our favourite cask ales & craft beers. With 6 traditional rooms all with their own unique differences, the eclectic range of rooms are a hidden gem in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fox & Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fox And Anchor
- Fox & Anchor Hotel London
- Fox & Anchor London, England