“Afternoon tea”

Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #618 of 28,200 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: Named after the eponymous character created by Virginia Woolf, an author whose name will forever be associated with Bloomsbury, Dalloway Terrace is an elegant, poetic and quintessentially English space. With its fully retractable roof and lower terrace lined with buxus hedging to give privacy, Dalloway terrace is London's best kept secret. Open from 8am daily, guests can join for a light breakfast, brunch and all day favourites. Alternatively, the small plate menu available from 11am daily is the perfect accompaniment to a crisp glass of wine or stiff drink for those looking to escape and impress in equal measure.
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Manjula served us and told us many interesting things about Bloomington hotel. The Afternoon tea was fantastic. Service perfect. Love from Ann with friends from Sweden

Date of visit: May 2016
Josh C, Public Relations Manager at Dalloway Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Dear Ann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. The lovely Manjula will certainly be made aware of your comments! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in London and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend took me to the Dalloway Terrace for my 31st birthday. Our host Andrei made us feel very special and our food was amazing!

Dear Pantiru,

Thank you for you review, and congratulations for your Birthday! Andrei will be so pleased that you were made to feel special and I will be sure to tell our Executive Chef, Paul O'Brien that the food was amazing too.

Reviewed April 24, 2016

From arriving to leaving we had a great experience.... the staff were all lovely specially the host, Andrei who was so helpful and made my partner a marvelous birthday surprise with a complementary glass of vine and a trio singing Happy Birthday together with a Happy Birthday message on desert..... can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal out as much.
I would definitely come here again and hopefully it will be very soon because I can see this place becoming a firm favorite of mine!!

Dear George,

I am so pleased you chose to spend your Birthday with us and that we exceeded your expectations from arrival to departure. Andrei is a star of our show, I will be sure to pass on your praise. I hope you come and visit us again once the sun is firmly out (touch-wood), we are so excited about our first summer season in Bloomsbury!

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

Went there for a dinner with my friends. We all enjoyed every second of being in Dalloway. Best food I ever had. Andrei, the manager is a great host. He is very passionate about the food and wine and he really made our evening very special. Will come back soon for best beef fillet in town.

Dear P and P,

I am thoroughly delighted to read this review, Dalloway Terrace is a beautiful new addition to The Bloomsbury hotel and I am so pleased Andrei was his usual hospitable self. Our beef is locally sourced, Chef Paul regularly visits our the home-county farms where the beef is reared, to ensure we receive the very best cuts.

We hope to welcome you back, for Chianti or Cava - whatever the occasion!

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Went to Dalloway Terrace last night for a drinks reception, and was blown away by the setting, the quality wine and canapes, and most especially by the friendly and attentive staff. The Terrace is newly opened, but I am convinced it is going to become one of THE places to go in the Summer.

A block and a bit from Tottenham Court Road station, this beautiful outdoor space has managed to find a quiet little spot to bloom. We sat at a table out in the Spring sunshine, and our intended few drinks over a catch up turned into spending the entire evening here. Our party of 4 was so well looked after by all the staff, who attentively checked on us throughout the evening and ensured we felt warmly welcomed. Big thank you to Food & Beverage Services Manager Andrei Maxim and his excellent team for looking after us so well. I cannot come up with enough superlatives to describe the evening.

The space is very well thought out and designed. We thoroughly enjoyed the rather enchanting setting - a green outdoor space with plenty of plants and flowers create a feeling of privacy, aided by the tables not being all crowded in together. Downstairs at the bar I loved the unexpectedly fun touch of the fairy-style lighting .

We had some great bubbly cocktails, elegant white wine and tasty canapes. There was a light bites menu, and the venue also has a great value for money pre-theatre menu - the Dominion Theatre being only steps away. Perfect for after work drinks, a fun lunch with friends in the sunshine - or if no sun, the protective awnings and walls enclose the space and heaters will keep you warm.

What a find! We all agreed - we will definitely be returning to Dalloway Terrace. Assuming that there will be room enough for us, once word gets out about this amazing space.

Dear Karyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Dalloway Terrace - your feedback is tremendously appreciated and we will pass the great news onto Andrei Maxim, our charismatic maître d'. Did you know he was trained at Gordon Ramsay and The Ledbury, and speaks 3 languages? From such a fine dining background we wouldn't expect any less..

We hope to see you again soon!