“Not the best”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Recently ate at this restaurant when on a visit to Liverpool for a family birthday.As we all enjoy greek food we chose this restaurant for a change to the one we usually eat at.Sorry to say we were a bit disappointed with the Meze we had all chosen.The salad and dips were very tasty but we found that a lot of the meat was dry and overcooked and to be honest it was quite boring,there was no stifado or afelia no moussaka or pastiche it was just overcooked meat and only one course the meatballs was in a sauce.The service was quite good and the waiter friendly but do not think we would return on our next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

First visited here not long after it opened and was the first time id had a meze. And the food is as wonderful now as it was then. This is great value food that tastes wonderful and worth more than the £15 per person we paid. The staff are very friendly and take time to talk to you. Will b going back again and again.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Came here with my mum for an evening meal while visiting Liverpool. We went on a Thursday night and there were a few other tables in, but wasn't all too busy. We were sat down and there was Greek music playing which was a nice touch and added to the atmosphere. For drinks we chose to have a half litre of white and half litre of red wine, which was only £15 for the two. More restaurants should do half litre wines, as I find that I can't manage a bottle and as the only white wine drinker in my family, I usually end up having to pay more to get two large glasses!

For food, mum got a greek salad and I got the Greek favourite, Spanakopita, which is like spinach and feta pie with filo pastry. The portion size was hugeeeeee, however I ate it all because it was so tasty! For main I decided to opt for the classic, Moussaka whereas my mum, who's vegetarian got a selection of small dishes which included my starter, courgette balls, vine leaves and halloumi to name a few.

My moussaka was again, a gigantic portion, but extremely tasty. To my disbelief, on the side I got a lot of chips and a portion of rice. I tried my best to finish everything but simply couldn't and that's saying something! Having eaten so much, we couldn't manage dessert however much we wanted to.

Altogether, you get a lot of good quality food for your money, and if you like authentic Greek cuisine, I would highly recommend Zorbas!

1  Thank Brionyelizabeth
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Was up visiting my cousin in Liverpool from London, and we came here one Tuesday evening. Lovely food, fantastic atmosphere and great service. Best Greek meal had for a while outside of Greece! Cousin comes here a lot with her family and thoroughly enjoyed my visit here! Will definitely be back again next time I'm in Liverpool!

2  Thank SparkelH12
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was reccomeded Zorbas as we and 8 friends were visiting Liverpool for the weekend. We were looking for an evening of atmosphere,good food without breaking the bank! We certainly got it at Zorbas, the welcome was warm and friendly, we were almost part of the family. The food was excellent ,very generous portions and boy do the Greeks like their meat! All our friends loved it and we will return on our next visit.