“great greek food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
“great greek food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

we revisited this great greek restaurant two weeks ago after a gap of nearly 40 years. We were not disappointed, the food was as good as we remembered it to be. The afelia, tender pieces of pork marinated in a mix of herbs and spices was delicious and the moussaka a treat.The fresh breads and tahini dip added to the experience.The staff were very friendly and took a great interest in making sure that we enjoyed our meal. It will not be another 40 years till we are back here again.

• Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Laine and Doreens review”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have been here many times before and am never dissapointed, friendly staff and great food in the centre of our home town. Allways have a great time here and the manageress is very attentive and courteous. Left my bag here on recent occasion and staff held on to it for me, Would recomend to anybody looking for an authentic greek meal in Liverpool. We are allways the last ones out!

• Visited February 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Definitely coming back here!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited Zorba's last night for the first time, largely due to positive reviews on this website and elsewhere, took my Mum out for a meal. And, I must say, we were not disappointed in the slightest! Aside from the fact that the food was absolutely superb and came in copious amounts (even I couldn't manage a dessert, which is unheard of for me!), it was served promptly and with a smile. The whole meal was very reasonably priced too, which is never a bad thing, but even more of a bonus when the food is this good!

But the best part of the experience was that everybody was really friendly and welcoming, took a real interest in our well-being, and made the effort to have a good chat with us both (despite it being a Friday night and, naturally, very busy), as if we had been regulars going there for 20 years- not people who had never eaten at this restaurant before.

On the strength of last nights' visit, I will DEFINITELY be coming back to Zorba's in the very near future. it's always a leap of faith when you try a new place, and my faith was most definitely rewarded.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BigMattV
“The BEST Greek Restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We regularly visit Zorbas, sometimes a couple of times a week! The staff are always lovely & friendly...especially with our young children. The food is always fantastic. Fresh & excellent quality produce. We always order The mezze as we get a little bit of everything & very generous portions. Everything is very reasonably priced too. We love this friendly, relaxed family run business & can not recommend it highly enough.

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Long Live Zorbas!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've been eating here for over 30 years, in the start it was a small place (the front of the present place), the loos were upstairs....

Today it's still run by the same friendly folks and is still one of my favourite ever meals out!!!

Pretty much everone I've taken there over the years has enjoyed their evening and my latest call was no exception....

Tasty starters, good bread, the best Kebabs and Prawns ever, Kleftiko to die for.. - try it with lashings of their amazing tahini sauce and loads of lovely Keo beer!!

Hope that Zorbas goes on forever, We'll be back again soon!!

ATB,J.