“Definitely coming back here!”
Review of Zorbas

Zorbas
Ranked #192 of 1,814 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited Zorba's last night for the first time, largely due to positive reviews on this website and elsewhere, took my Mum out for a meal. And, I must say, we were not disappointed in the slightest! Aside from the fact that the food was absolutely superb and came in copious amounts (even I couldn't manage a dessert, which is unheard of for me!), it was served promptly and with a smile. The whole meal was very reasonably priced too, which is never a bad thing, but even more of a bonus when the food is this good!

But the best part of the experience was that everybody was really friendly and welcoming, took a real interest in our well-being, and made the effort to have a good chat with us both (despite it being a Friday night and, naturally, very busy), as if we had been regulars going there for 20 years- not people who had never eaten at this restaurant before.

On the strength of last nights' visit, I will DEFINITELY be coming back to Zorba's in the very near future. it's always a leap of faith when you try a new place, and my faith was most definitely rewarded.

1  Thank BigMattV

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We regularly visit Zorbas, sometimes a couple of times a week! The staff are always lovely & friendly...especially with our young children. The food is always fantastic. Fresh & excellent quality produce. We always order The mezze as we get a little bit of everything & very generous portions. Everything is very reasonably priced too. We love this friendly, relaxed family run business & can not recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've been eating here for over 30 years, in the start it was a small place (the front of the present place), the loos were upstairs....

Today it's still run by the same friendly folks and is still one of my favourite ever meals out!!!

Pretty much everone I've taken there over the years has enjoyed their evening and my latest call was no exception....

Tasty starters, good bread, the best Kebabs and Prawns ever, Kleftiko to die for.. - try it with lashings of their amazing tahini sauce and loads of lovely Keo beer!!

Hope that Zorbas goes on forever, We'll be back again soon!!

ATB,J.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food is lovely atmosphere lovely and staff as always so attentive.The decor is what I would imagine a greek taverna on a greek island to be like.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been visiting this place on and off for years and they always manage to deliver.
As usual we went for the meze and a bottle of house red. I don't think the dishes have changed in years but if you've got it right why change?
There's a nice mixture of bread with the usual dips, calamari, holumi, different meats and meatballs etc. Service was friendly and efficient as ever, all in all a good basic restaurant in this part of town.