“worst greek food ever”
Review of Zorbas

Zorbas
Ranked #215 of 1,697 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
“worst greek food ever”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Tasteless rubbish served at a premium, Overcooked Lamb ,Side Orders Late, drinks flat, obviously using cheap ingredients.Even when we paid nobody asked if we enjoyed it
Just Awfull

4 Thank julie a

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm in Liverpool so far for about 7 of 10 days on my own (long story), and have been all over the city and eaten in many places. I've eaten a lot of Chinese food (very good in Liverpool due to the long presence of a significant Chinese immigrant community), but Zorbas stands out for its excellent, locally sourced food (the meats in particular), freshly made dishes, great service and genuinely friendly atmosphere and ownership. They made me feel as if I were a long time customer coming in for my weekly meal. Zorbas has been in business for 40 years, which is a long time for any restaurant, and my experience shows why - just a nice place to eat with high marks across all categories.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank The_EPU
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had the wonderful pleasure of eating here for the first time on the evening of Sunday 13 January. The staff were welcoming, as was the atmosphere, the prices very reasonable and the food great; the lamb in particular was delicious being incredibly tender. Bonus points for spotless toilets, plenty of places to hang coats and the interesting story behind the place as told by the owner's wife as we settled the bill.

My only word of warning is about the portions: brace yourself, as they're very big. It's very unusual for us not to finish off a meal but Zorbas got the better of us!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tanya H
Staffordshire
“Incredible food and great service.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Yet again we found ourselves in a taxi across town , avoiding all the Marco Pierre White restaurants and the like, to visit our favourite restaurant in Liverpool. Possibly our favourite restaurant full stop. The food and service here are second to none. The owners are polite, friendly and attentive without being overbearing like other restaurants and the food is always delicious and excellent value for money. This time we visied on New Years Eve and were glad we had the foresight to book earlier that day as the restaurant was extremely busy. Bearing this in mind the service we received was excellent and prompt and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly . We ordered the Greek Salad( my favourite) , Lamb cuttlets and chicken kebab and yet again left with happy faces and full tummies.
We live in Staffordshire and yet we always make the effort to visit Zorbas everytime we visit Liverpool. We visit plenty of restaurants of all price ranges and I have to say that in my experience this is the best bar none.
Really looking forward to our next visit .

“fantastic”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

booked a meal at zorbas for my birthday for 6 people 2 of r family had not been to zorbas before they were literally blown away by how good the food ,the service and the lovely friendly atmosphere people were queing up to come in they didnt turn anyone away just took them to the bar till they could get them a seat but at the same time didnt make the people in there feel they had to rush away then when the bill arrived we couldnt believe how reasonable the cost of our meal and drinks had been thankyou zorbas for a wonderful nite will defo be back very soon