“fabulous pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The best pizza ever. Don't try telephoning an order in, they never answer the phone. Mainly because they are so busy. However they do have a website which you can order directly from (rather than having to go through hungryhouse etc). It takes a while to arrive so order early. You can also go directly into the shop if you are in the city centre. Its near the met quarter.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It isn't a restaurant, but the pizza is delicious. Mouth-wateringly good. Alright price, staff always friendly. Don't always have the right pizza available to take away straight away. I live to far away for them to deliver, but I wish they did!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The pizza here is great, none of that sissyish thin crust lark that you get in Italy, a nice greasy slice of American Pizza, with a good amount of topping. Why can't more places in the UK do it this well. Clearly the owners have got their hands on a secret recipe for a good Pizza. As a pizza, I would say it is similar to Sbarro's Pizza in America, a popular chain of pizzerias on motorways. It is also evocative of Marietta's Pizza place in New York City. It is really very tasty and I wish now that I'd bought an 18" one. I would say that they should lower their prices though, in keeping with the American way. A suitable price would be £1.25 per slice rather than £1.99 a slice which is a little bit dear frankly, especially considering as this is the type of place that would do well from repeat customers coming for a good value luncheon. Yes, £1.25 is the ideal price for the restaurant to do very well. £1.99 means that people will not be as likely to return. That said, the pizza was very enjoyable and I liked the place a lot. Another suggestion would be for the American Pizza slice to open up a proper restaurant that people could go to with good value low prices and a family friendly atmosphere. I liked it and would return if the price was right.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love the pizza at American pizza slice, it even beats the pizza I have had in Florence and Rome. I've never had a takeaway from there but I often used to grab a slice or two on the go when I am in town. I now live in Wolverhampton and this is one thing I really miss!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am frequently in a situation where I need a quick lunch, yet I am hungry enough to have a square meal. On those occasions I invariably head for the American Pizza Slice. I cannot fault any of the several varieties of Pizza I have had here, they are always succulent and extremely tasty. One slice will fill even the most empty of tummies! My particular favourite is the American Hot which is a spicy little number, and it ticks all the boxes. There are some seats outside, which are invariably filled with people enjoying their boxes of Pizza. If you sit there, as I do, I always succumb to the temptation to have another slice. Naughty, but extremely nice, and for just over a couple of pounds, you cannot fault it.