“girlie week-end”

Villa Romana
Ranked #102 of 1,846 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Liverpool, here at Villa Romana we represent a style of traditional, home-cooked Italian food, recreated in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere to bring you an authentic experience of fantastic Italian food. Our dedicated team of skilled chefs have worked tirelessly to perfect the art of providing guests with a true taste of genuine Neapolitan pizza, hand made in our kitchen and cooked to perfection. We offer a wide range of delicious Italian cuisine including our freshly made pasta, grilled and pan fried meat and fish dishes, antipasti selection, speciality breads and salads. As in true Italian style, we only source the finest and freshest ingredients, which are locally sourced from our expert Italian vendors. With an extensive wine list to suit all tastes from exquisite, imported Italian wines to several fantastic house choices we have a selection to satisfy all tastes.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had a fab meal here on Friday night. There were 8 of us all catching up.
The food was great and the staff were very attentive and helpful as 1 of our party was in a wheelchair and could not go to the toilet as they were upstairs, they took her to a one on ground level. The atmosphere was good and the pud's fab. I would definatley come back if i was in Liverpool again

1  Thank 123doreen

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went here on a busy Saturday night, and at 6.10 they were queuing out of the door for a table! We waited about 10 minutes in the queue and were then shown to a table. The interior is pretty nice, has a rustic feel about it and isn't too noisy. The service was brilliant. Very attentive waiters, who were happy and joking without being obtrusive. We ordered garlic bread and cheese and a couple of pasta dishes.
The food arrived quickly and was tasty. I thought the portions looked a bit on the small side, but they were deceptively filling and neither of us could finish!
Overall the bill for 2 including drinks came in at under £35.

The restaurant was jam packed with a real mix of people, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
We were in and out in about an hour, but that was perfect timing for us, and we will be coming back !
My only small moan is £3.40 for a bottle of peroni! I might have to drink more moderately in future!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited on a busy saturday night, but even though the staff had a lot to do, they managed it brilliantly. The food was delicious and pretty much what you would expect from a charming italian restaurant. Thumbs up!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We went on a Friday in Sept 2012. It was early so very quiet. Staff were nice, the place itself is nice too. However the food we received on our visit was very poor. Whole chunks of raw garlic on an uncooked garlic bread, bland tasteless pasta and the house wine was pretty poor too.......... Won't be going back...........

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I came to Liverpool to celebrate my birthday. I love Italy and Italian food so when we saw this restaurant I chose it as the place at which I wanted to eat. I was not disappointed. The staff were delightful, the food was superb and the surroundings were just like being in Italy. My only regret is that we go home tomorrow, so can't eat there again!

2  Thank R064