“Best steak I've ever had.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MEET Argentinian Restaurant

MEET Argentinian Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 1,651 Restaurants in Liverpool
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Visited with boyfriend at around 7 on a Tuesday night. It was very busy, and I'd have preferred a table in a slightly more cosy section, but we were plonked right in the middle of the restaurant, by the bar. However, we actually had a great view of the steak being cooked in front of us (which is pretty awesome to see), and wonderful service from the chatty staff at the bar 3ft from our table. We skipped starters, and went straight on to steaks with a bottle of red wine. I had the Medallon de Lomo - a 10oz fillet, cooked perfectly, and he had a 16oz ribeye, both medium rare. The steak was amazing, cooked only with salt, the traditional Argentinian way, and the best I've ever had. The Argentinians just do good things with dead cow.

We were both too full for a dessert, and I think it was between £60-£80 for two of the more expensive steaks and a bottle of wine. It was a little loud in the restaurant, with a very large party not far off, but still a great atmosphere, and an amazing date.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,192 helpful votes
“You won't go hungry here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I love MEET, the food is well presented, filling and refreshingly unpretentious. Staff are pleasant and efficient and the atmosphere is good.

1 Thank Howi58
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I visited on 2/12/13 with a friend around 5pm. For a pretty much empty restaurant with more staff than customers I was so disappointed. Both me and my friend ordered T Bone Steak Medium rare. The steak was cooked well but was cold, drowned in some sort of vinaigrette and full of fat. Considering it was a £26 steak you expect better cuts, the sauce I ordered as a accompaniment was a red wine sauce, also cold. The salad was soaked in a dressing which I would have preferred to have gone without. The biggest disappointment for me was how scruffy the restaurant is, if you are going somewhere where your own meal is £25+ you want to sit in a nice dining room. I was mortified when I got outside the restaurant doors and saw the outside, should of known better than to go inside. Really disappointed about the quality of the food I was served.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank devanna90
Derry, United Kingdom
“Liverpools best steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I visited meet during our recent weekend in Liverpool.
We arrived on a busy Friday night with lots of large parties already seated and worried that we might be waiting sometime for food, we had the pate and lobster bites to start which arrived promptly both nice although bites were in all honesty deep fried scampi.
Then on to why we came !!the steak!!
My wife had fillet while I had a 16 oz ribeye both medium,they arrived cooked and seasoned perfectly and beautifully tender. Put simply if you enjoy a quality steak in nice surroundings don't waste time and money trying elsewhere! 2 starters,2steaks and a bottle of red wine 80 quid ? Depends on your pocket ,not overly cheap but not really expensive for the quality of food.
One negative incase meet monitors it's reviews,once mains were finished we were told there was no coffee available and we weren't approached for dessert orders? Making you feel that maybe they wanted your table back for other bookings rather than making your experience more relaxed.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Still shocked as to why this restaurant is not rated as no 1! Atmosphere and service is fantastic and If you love a steak you need to come here it's a real treat!

1 Thank Globe-trekker13