“Excellent staff , great food”

MEET Argentinian Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 1,781 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went here on a Monday night , having checked reviews here first. It was quite busy (good sign!). Nice warn welcome and great service throughout. Don't mess about just go for the fillet. Saw the comments about high priced wine and we did pay £21 for a bottle but i kind of expect that in a city centre restaurant .

Overall we thought it was a great meal and good value

There are newer reviews for MEET Argentinian Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food is great, don't get me wrong. But ... service was not :( I chose to come here for my birthday from a previous visit in September when it was lovely. Despite having booked there was no table for us, none of the staff really wanted to wait on table when we did finally sit down.
It was a shame because the steaks a great but we really felt that we were an inconvenience.
Not sure whether give it another chance - sadly not a great celebratory meal.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Well almost. My husband and I have eaten here three times, once two years ago, and twice this past October, 2013. We enjoyed it every time, that's why we keep coming back when in Liverpool. We have eaten at some similar restaurants in Buenos Aires so we feel this is authentic. We had the shrimp appetizer last time that I would rate just ok. The shrimp were small and drowning in garlic butter. But we both had the 10oz filet recommended by the waiter as the most tender and we found it to be quite tender and tasty. The chimichurri sauce served with the steak at no extra charge was quite good as well. The service was excellent. You have to have a reservation on the weekends to even get to go up the stairs to the restaurant. They seem to do a very good business with many of the women quite dressed up.

1  Thank WanderingAround722
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Ignore the oooohhh dont get it reviews its a lie moist seasoned steak amazing chips blue cheese sauce is a must, black pudding starter and sausage and the prawns are sooo good i come 2 this place at least twice a month to get my meet fix you have been warned its addictive!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I don't understand it's popularity.
Steak and salad, same salad for every dish, the salad is sat on the front of the open plan kitchen in the warm restaurant, not chilled at all, I had a fairly large steak, I can't remember the cut to be fair, it was of a good size, but not that well seasoned.
High point, the service was good.
This place is very basic old pub.

1  Thank Ken_loves_food