“Hugely disappointing”

Mayur Indian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mayur Indian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 1,720 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mayur brings to Liverpool the true essence of fine Indian cuisine and hospitality. Driven by our love of India and Indian food, we are commited to providing our guests with the perfect dining experience. Our state-of-the-art interiors provide a perfect backdrop to our tantalizing food and charming service.
Yorkshire
“Hugely disappointing”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having sampled numerous excellent Indian restaurants in the L1 area recently it was with great anticipation that we were finally trying the Mayur as reviews had been so positive. It turned out to be a very disappointing evening with the food not even coming close to our expectations. We were hoping for something contemporary and special but received nothing more than the average Indian restaurant would have produced at half the price. The menu descriptions did not tally with the delivered meal, there was a long wait for food and when it arrived it was cold, of poor quality,limited in quantity and the whole meal was grossly overpriced. At no point was anyone asked if they were happy with their meal although the waiters were relatively genial which is the only positive point I could contribute to the whole experience. There is a sign by the door stating that they were Liverpool restaurant of the year 2012 - I think it must have gone to their heads and the foot has been taken off the pedal since receiving that accolade!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank OoopNortherner

Liverpool
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Recently ate at this Indian restuarant and had an excellent meal. Staff where very friendly and the food was excellent. I would well recommend this place if you like Indian food.

• Visited December 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great Indian Food!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just as simple as that. Excellent Indian food. Big restaurant so if you're late to book a table on say a Saturday or Friday night, they might still have a table free, unlike a lot of other restaurants in Liverpool.

Visited December 2012
Copenhagen
“Good food and reasonable portions”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Got a good and solid meal. Two main courses and 2 pints for just under 40. The place is more fancy than cozy which is a shame in my view.

Cornwall
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“At last, a proper Indian restaurant!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was very surprised to read the poor review left by someone who said that they were hoping for an 'authentic' Indian curry. Well I'm afraid that most of the curries to be had in the UK are not actually 'authentic' at all. You don't often see Indian people eating in those sorts of restaurants. Mayur is different. It is what I call a 'proper Indian restaurant'! Others I have visited include the numerous restaurants on Melton Road going out of the north of Leicester, and the one that won the best Indian Restaurant on Gordon Ramsay in Bradford. Isn't it funny how people have such different tastes though? The poor review said that the food was 'bland'. My one criticism of the Mayur was that my food was actually far too salty for me, because most of the food I eat is prepared from scratch, and I never add salt. Other than that, the meal was delicious - a real joy. The only thing that I was disappointed in was the Kulfi, which I was told was homemade. I'm really not sure it was, and I had to send the first plate back because it contained ice-crystals. My friends who make their own ice-cream for their ice-cream parlour told me never to eat ice-cream containing ice-crystals, as it probably means that it has melted and been refrozen, which consequently means that it may contain bacteria. The rest of the food was lovely - even the breads were scrumptious! I'd say that it is probably the best, most authentic Indian restaurant in this area.

• Visited November 2012