“Delicious Food..”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is our favourite Indian Restaurant due to the quality of the food and also the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Everything is clean and tidy, but best of all is that the plates are hot and the food is placed on a hotplate at your table. Being a slow eater, this helps. The food is plentiful and delicious - the quality and tenderness of the meat is second to none. Beware, they place a bottle of water on your table when you arrive - be warned, if you drink this, you will be charged for it - it is NOT complimentary. Best of all - 'you can take your own alcohol' - we usually just take some cans and lemonade, so I can make a shandy and this really does help with the cost. Small corkage charge for wine, I think - but overall really worth it.

• Visited February 2013

“Poor quality meat used”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Was reccomeded this place coz of the deal on Sunday wer u get lots of different meals and I like that, the way u can taste a few I the meals. But the meats used in this deal was poor poor quality. That's why it's so cheap. Won't go again

1 Thank Foody_lele
Haifa
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have eaten in and had takeaways from this restaurant and have not had a bad meal. They also text you with special offers which can be great value

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank trevordh
Liverpool
“Appalling from Starr to finish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I thank cafe sekander for only one thing and that is that it has given us a good anecdote to tell about 'the worst meal we ever had'.

My parents had bought us a groupon voucher which included 2 starters 2 mains and a bottle of wine. We booked for one evening. We turned up at our booking time and there was nobody at the front to greet us so after being ignored for a couple of minutes we called someone over and told them we had a reservation. He asked us to sit down. We waited. And waited some more. After 15 minutes in total we called someone else over and he seated us on a table. We explained we had a voucher and he said he needed to see it and took it.

Then the fun really began.

No menus. No offer of a drink. Sat there for another 5 minutes, called same guy back over and asked to order our free drink. He said nothing (yes really, nothing) and walked off.

Came back with a bottle of wine. Plonked it on the table an walked off. Didn't open in and best of all didn't give us any glasses! Waited another 5 minutes. We called him back again to give us glasses!
The wine was literally the worst wine I've ever had- and I've brewed my own in a shed as a teenager! It was 5% and tasted like ribena but not as nice.

Still hadn't had menus by this stage by the way.

Anyway to cut a long story short we finally ordered and got our food. The food was pretty terrible too, probably the most bland curry I've eaten but to be honest even if it was great we had had such a terrible hour waiting for it wouldn't have been worth it.

Go to Millom next door instead. Please, for your own sake.

2 Thank BeckiAigburth
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I bought a living social voucher entitling me to a platter to share between six people. It was the birthday of my niece last Saturday, so I booked a table for her and five teen friends. Upon producing the voucher at the cafe they were turned away! It was six o'clock and they were told the cafe was full, plus no reservation had been made. An awful lie. My niece had to leave the cafe, thoroughly embarrassed by the situation.
The voucher cost me £51,I'd have been better off taking the kids to McDonalds! No sign of getting my money back. Buyer beware...

• Visited September 2012