“Overpriced, low quality food but in nice surroundings”
Review of Damons - CLOSED

Damons
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I went on a Sunday afternoon as part of a party of 10+. The restaurant was fairly quiet, probably 30-40% full.
The Positives
The unique building, clean, bright and airy. Good disabled access and spotless toilets. Nice cocktails, friendly staff.

Everything Else
The food is pretty low end quality, deep fried and covered in various sauces. The quality wouldn't be so much a focus if you weren't paying high end prices. The steaks were pitiful and portions small and you're paying £17+ for it. Kids meals a decent size but £7 for a 4yr olds main of fish fingers is still steep. Then drinks and dessert is extra. Our bill for 2 adults and a child for mains, dessert and 2 drinks was £65 - well overpriced! I'd have willingly paid £35 but more. My husband wanted to call at McDonalds on the way home because he was still hungry.
The service was also abysmal, wait 20+ mins to order, 30mins for it to arrive,some meals arriving ages before others. Really slow to clear, desserts took an eternity and we're talking about ice cream out of a machine. Coffees came out before dessert and you'd well and truly finished them before dessert arrived. I think from start to finish we were at the table for 2.5hrs.

I can think of way better places to spend £65 on a sunday dinner.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I took my 8 year old daughter here for dinner because she was craving a burger. Lovely, authentic American Diner look - but very poor food. I make tastier burgers at home. They charge individually for gherkins, onions and barbeque sauce on your burger...seriously!
Burgers are poor quality, and so is the service. Our very unimpressive meals were 'plonked' in front of us, no one asked if we wanted ketchup etc, no one came to check how the food was - and believe me no-one tipped!
We are going back to the tavern Company on Smithdown Road next time we want burgers.

1  Thank Lola48-07
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Tried this restaurant while staying at the Plaza next door, looking back wish I had eaten in there restaurant instead, staff polite but they always are when seating you, after that a little disappointing, it did not seem to be that busy but the wait to be served and the wait for the food was a very long time, then it came out in bits and drabs,as a meal not good. basically a very over priced McDonalds, would not recommend eating here as its very over priced for burger, chips and salad which was all served at a different time !!!!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great food,fast service,friendly staff,to top it all,under £50 for 4 !,that included starters,main meals with added sides and drinks.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was put off eating at this place for years because of some of the TripAdvisor reviews and I'm not sure what finally made me want to try it for myself, but I'm glad I did. I've only been twice and could just be luckier than some with my experiences, but I don't have a bad word to say about this place. Okay, that's a lie, I agree with comments about the menu being a bit drab - but anywhere that sells burgers is fine by me.
The service has always been courteous, they dressed the table for me as I desired when I made the booking, they remained polite and attentive and the experiences have been pleasant ones. If the restaurant has its faults I have yet to find them.