“Great place, would like to visit in a smaller group”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #24 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool
“Great place, would like to visit in a smaller group”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I experienced some negatives but think highly of this hotel so I'll take the time to comment and hope for it to be noted and made even better.I'm a bit of a fan so this was always going to be a winner for me. So many good things, authentic, well furnished marvellous location, nice staff and reception is so professional.ok the room was a bit noisy but it's actually on top of Mathew Street, so this could be expected. This didn't disturb or wake me once I'd settled. The room was nicely equipped although Blakes in the morning was made busier by the fact that a section of it had been closed off, which made it rather cramped. Might this have been due to there being only one overworked waitress? Also I was part of a large party, which seemed to stretch resources.
We did visit the lounge which had a nice atmosphere and guitarist/singer, very tasteful. The evening was brought to a close by some fearsome looking bouncers scowling their way into the residents bars, rather unnecessarily hostile.
Having said that these were the only negative aspects of a pleasant stay which I would happily repeat, in a smaller group, to see the hotel at it's best

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank Frankefc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Cornwall
Reviewed January 5, 2010

we had a lovely 3 nights here in December 2009 - our top level room was worth the extra with a balcony which had stunning views across the rooftops and although winter was still a lovely feature . The room was big and very big on comfort - huge comfortable bed and all room amenities you would expect. Excellent service particularly porters and front of house staff - also breakfast waiters and staff. The decor with beatles themes was tastefully done especially in the bar areas and the magnificent staircase. A real treat for beatles fans and worth the money. Only crticism was I would have liked more options for cooked breakfast than the traditional fry and we always had to ask for fried eggs. We didnt eat in the restaurant in the evening but there were some great nearby pubs and restaurants and if you dont know Liverpool this location was exceptional as you could get everywhere walking

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
warrington
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I booked this hotel as a birthday present for my boyfriend and it didn't start very well . We arrived at the hotel on Tuesday 29th Dec to find out that they had had a flood and the hotel was closed as there was no electric etc, but the staff were fantastic, even though they were sat in almost darkness and probably been shouted at many times that day they were extremely helpful. They had transferred all bookings to the Hilton Hotel, but fortunately we live close by so I rearranged the booking for New Years Day. I had booked the dinner bed and breakfast package which is only usually available Monday to Thursday but the hotel had no problem in charging me the same rate even though it was re booked on a Friday. Once we got back to the hotel to check in again, we had actually been upgraded free of charge, which was a lovely surprise.
The room was brilliant. There was a birthday card and chocolates for my boyfriend from the hotel. Which was lovely little touch. We were at the front of the hotel on the top floor with a balcony. There are excellent mod cons, there’s a climate control panel that had buttons that turn every light on and off without even having to get out of bed and buttons to say whether you want your room cleaning or if you don't want to be disturbed. The only things I could find fault with, was that the TV screen had some kind of fault on it when searching for songs and the bath took forever to fill up.
We ate in the Blake’s restaurant which was lovely with great service.
Then we headed to the bar, which was brilliant. We worked our way through the cocktail menu, which were excellent.
I would definitely stay here again. I’ve stayed in quite a few hotels and this is one of the best. Its well designed, modern, clean, luxurious and relaxed. All the staff were chatty and lovely even though most were probably nursing a hang over from new year they were professional and nothing was too much trouble.
A truly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
MattSar
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I visited the hotel with my partner as a christmas treat for us both and a chance to do some shopping and go to the Everton match the following day.
We stayed in a deluxe room (115) and were very impressed. The staff were extremely friendly and showed us to our room and how to work all the various gadgets. The bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in and my head sank into the pillow!
Like most other guests my only gripe was the noise at night. The noise from people in the streets below continued until around 2.30am then stopped until around 6am when we were awoken by the sound of bins full of bottles being emptied and street sweepers. I suppose this is to be accepted though in view of the extremely convenient location which is within walking distance of every amenity imaginable.
In fairness we did not ask to move rooms as the quality of the room more than made up for the inconvenience of the noise.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will certainly re-visit in the near future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Reviewed December 29, 2009

As a fab surprise birthday present my husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on Sun 27th Dec. We were booked into a deluxe room (212) and upon arrival we were very impressed with the place. Very swish, very trendy and equipped with all mod-cons. The room, whilst really nice was REALLY noisy. I found this to be a little disappointing and told myself not to be too bothered by this - but I was. The room rates aren't cheap so I asked at reception if there was a chance we could move to a room towards the back of the hotel.

The friendly reception staff were more than understanding, in fact they seemed to know what I was going to say about the noise before I actually said it! Judging by other reviews posted noise levels coming from the front of the hotel are a bit of an issue.

As luck would have it we moved were to room 219, which was located towards to the rear of the hotel - or so we thought!!! I must stress the rooms are fantastic, pretty cool decor, slippers and bathrobes etc...but what is with the dustbins emptying the glass bottles at 6am??! It started at 6am and finished just before 8am. It just seemed to go forever. Thankfully, the hotel redeemed itself with its superb breakfast - you name it - they had it!

For the record, my sister and partner travelled with us and stayed in room 324 and had absoluely no complaints about the place. They had a cracking nights sleep and can't wait to go back.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the city centre with a number of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance so full marks for that. All in all, our only complaint was the noise. We would stay again, but only if we can room 324 please.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed December 28, 2009

i am not a beatles fan but i love theme hotels so when i decided to go to liverpool i KNEW i had to stay here.

the hotel was clean, quite luxurious, and served a nice cream tea. my room was also clean, modern with great toiletries and the most comfortable bed. i loved the free wireless internet throughout the hotel too.

the other thing i liked was the location. i could walk almost everywhere i wanted to go. including the docks (and the excellent maritime dining rooms at the maritime museum. so brilliant i recommend whole heartedly).

i would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Mumbai
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Its a Beatle's hotel. The interiors are superb. there is a beatles photo in every room, all over the hotel. Its very close to the main shopping area. The rooms are a dream !! Extremely tech savvy, all at the press of a button. The tolietries are all Essenza Di Zegna !!
The food is fantastic, the staff is friendly. The Restaurent is very romantic. The food and wine is superb and reasonable.

• Liked — The Beatles theme
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)