“Too Right - Hard Nights Sleep”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed December 29, 2009

As a fab surprise birthday present my husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on Sun 27th Dec. We were booked into a deluxe room (212) and upon arrival we were very impressed with the place. Very swish, very trendy and equipped with all mod-cons. The room, whilst really nice was REALLY noisy. I found this to be a little disappointing and told myself not to be too bothered by this - but I was. The room rates aren't cheap so I asked at reception if there was a chance we could move to a room towards the back of the hotel.

The friendly reception staff were more than understanding, in fact they seemed to know what I was going to say about the noise before I actually said it! Judging by other reviews posted noise levels coming from the front of the hotel are a bit of an issue.

As luck would have it we moved were to room 219, which was located towards to the rear of the hotel - or so we thought!!! I must stress the rooms are fantastic, pretty cool decor, slippers and bathrobes etc...but what is with the dustbins emptying the glass bottles at 6am??! It started at 6am and finished just before 8am. It just seemed to go forever. Thankfully, the hotel redeemed itself with its superb breakfast - you name it - they had it!

For the record, my sister and partner travelled with us and stayed in room 324 and had absoluely no complaints about the place. They had a cracking nights sleep and can't wait to go back.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the city centre with a number of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance so full marks for that. All in all, our only complaint was the noise. We would stay again, but only if we can room 324 please.

There are newer reviews for Hard Days Night Hotel

Reviewed December 28, 2009

i am not a beatles fan but i love theme hotels so when i decided to go to liverpool i KNEW i had to stay here.

the hotel was clean, quite luxurious, and served a nice cream tea. my room was also clean, modern with great toiletries and the most comfortable bed. i loved the free wireless internet throughout the hotel too.

the other thing i liked was the location. i could walk almost everywhere i wanted to go. including the docks (and the excellent maritime dining rooms at the maritime museum. so brilliant i recommend whole heartedly).

i would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Its a Beatle's hotel. The interiors are superb. there is a beatles photo in every room, all over the hotel. Its very close to the main shopping area. The rooms are a dream !! Extremely tech savvy, all at the press of a button. The tolietries are all Essenza Di Zegna !!
The food is fantastic, the staff is friendly. The Restaurent is very romantic. The food and wine is superb and reasonable.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hard Days Night Hotel this weekend (19-20th Dec) and I have to say we were very impressed. I have travelled extensively and this was one of the most comfortable nights sleep I have ever had. The location was perfect and the staff fantastic. We travel to Liverpool regularly and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed December 13, 2009

This hotel looks great - they've clearly spent a lot of money on tarting it up with their Beatles black & white photos etc - and geographically it's very well located at the heart of all the nightlife and attractions in the city centre. Unfortunately, this is where the problems begin. We were on the third floor at the front of the hotel and had to resort to earplugs to get any sleep at all. The noise from outside was not kept out by the windows and the Scousers clearly like to make lots of noise all night long til 5am, even on a Thurs night!
We ate at the hotel restaurant which, again, looked very nice - esp if you like the Beatles -and the food was passable. The service left a great deal to be desired. Our advance booking had been lost and the miserable head waiter unapologetically acted like he was doing us a favour letting us eat in his 90% empty restaurant! Went for a drink in the lounge and, whilst it was beautifully decorated, poor service again let it down as we waited an eternity to be served and were then ignored for the rest of our time there.
Ten out of ten to the people who designed and established this hotel, 2 out of10 to the lax people who work there (reception staff excepted!).

1  Thank JackieValentine
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Didn't start off too well as we arrived around 2 in the afternoon, was told car park only 2 minutes away, but 1st one was full, so rang up to see where to go, that was full also, so had to call again, 3rd time lucky, I know this isn't hotels fault, but think they should get some local allocated parking! Nice hotel, but at 6am on Sunday morning bottle collecting time outside, so bad sleep! Managed to get a few more hours then was breakfast time, very poor really.

Second night, slept till 6, then bin men/bottle men came, so poor sleep again.

When your paying 190/room/night I think the hotel should have on site parkin, but never again i'm sorry to say.

One last thing, your supposed to get a discount on parking, make sure they give you the right ticket for the carpark, they didn't so it cost £6 to get too the park and £28 for 2 night parking......

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jasnbl
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Booked this hotel for somewhere "different". I could have stayed at a IHG or Hilton FOC with points but wanted a Liverpool experience. My wife and I were in town for a concert at the Echo Arena.

Hotel has a good location for the shops and the Cavern and is a fantastic building. Check in was good and the doormen friendly and helpful.

Went up to the deluxe room and was impressed , good size, modern and clean. On entering though I did notice a load droning noise (this is room 417) and maybe should have mentioned it then but knowing the hotel was full , didn't.

When we got back later and went to bed the noise was awful. It was the back of the hotel and some kind of generator. I got very little sleep so was not in the best of moods when it came to breakfast which I thought was poor. The only hotel I have stayed at in England with no beans! The orange juice was out of a carton, i know that because the were all on the counter. No one was interested in collecting dirty plates etc, just stood by the bar in a group chatting.

Overall I glad I stayed and would say as a one off its OK but I would,t go back.