“I wish I could give it 6 stars”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Marian is the events coordinator and made our wedding day painless and stress free. Staff are happy and friendly and bent over backwards for us.
Rooms are stunning and the hotel is beautiful inside and out.
Renovations outside the building did not interfere in any way with our experience.
We would recommend this hotel to anybody wishing to visit Liverpool.

• Stayed: December 2013
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

I am so glad we played our part in making your very special day very special. I know Marian will be thrilled. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

There are newer reviews for Hard Days Night Hotel

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for two nights at the end of November as my employer decided to hold a work offsite meeting here. My room was at the back of the hotel and I would definitely request a room in this location if I stayed again, as it was very quiet and away from any road noise. I was impressed with the room; it was spacious, very clean and the facilities were generally good. My only complaint was that there wasn't anywhere to plug in the hairdryer near to a mirror. There is a small mirror on a stand that you can move over to the desk but it wasn't adequate really for doing my hair and make-up. I liked the complementary toiletries and the large, very fluffy white towels! All of the public areas of the hotel were very clean and beautifully decorated for Christmas. I ate breakfast in the restaurant twice and had poached eggs cooked well to order. Overall staying here was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely return to this hotel. Due to its very central location, I would recommend the hotel for a city break in Liverpool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

This Beatles themed hotel is just great. The facade of the former office building is original and impressive and the interior oozes quality.

I have been to the hotel twice and, on both occasions, found the staff to be helpful and very attentive. Service is quick and the standard of the food is very good.

Central location.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Howi58

So glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Right next to the cavern club and in the heart of the city, the location is great.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern and bed is comfy.

Breakfast is better than usual and wifi was decent and free.

If you are a Beatles fan this is the place to stay!

TIP: for dinner, try the "Restaurant Bar and Grill" nearby. Way nicer than it sounds.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you liked the Hotel. Bar and Grill is a very nice restaurant but i would suggest you give Blakes a shot on your next visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Worst afternoon tea ever. Dry scones, bitter tea, flat champagne and the cakes had cream with skin om them, disguisting. The service was even worse, the waiter tried to cramp the food on to our mini-sized table, resulting in spilling of milk over the table and my phone, no apologies from the waiter neither was the milk wiped off but remained on the table the whole sitting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am only sorry you did not let someone know while you were still here. If you would be kind enough to get in touch with me I will endeavour to sort this out for you.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I do city breaks often but we wanted to try our own town. Having had drinks, lunch and dinner here we wanted to try this hotel. Decor is classy and different to any other hotel. Room was lovely, bed huge and comfy. Bar and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and chatty and happy to spend time with guests. Breakfast was good. Drinks not cheap but great location for spending time so we were happy to pay and drink in the great ambience. Only gripe was check in staff and policy. Most hotels have a check in policy that they flex as the rooms become available. We arrived at 1330 and were told the rooms are not available until after 2 or 3 and looking at all the suitcases lined up so had everyone else but rooms must be vacated by 1100 the next day. As someone who stays in hotels all week with work and has stayed in hotels all over the world I was disappointed to leave my case and head out into city returning at 1700 to get in my room then felt like I was being short changed a little. More smiles from reception staff and a little flexibility would have made this stay fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Over time seen lots of people having afternoon tea in this hotel, so hubby & I decided to treat his mum. So glad we did, we decided on the champagne afternoon tea and I have to say the sandwiches & cakes etc were very tasty. Because they were small bite sizes, you didn't get too full to quickly and the champagne was also very nice.

The staff were very nice, but let themselves down when we had to ask the waitress to remove the plates etc, she did but then left us with a a table that needed wiping. Found it hard to believe nobody couldn't see the table needed wiping. Again had to ask another waitress to come & wipe the table. This may seem like a little thing, but when mum in law mentioned it , I knew it wasn't me being fussy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I am glad you enjoyed the content of your afternoon tea but am dismayed the service let you down for which I apologise.