“Good food, great staff”

Ranked #113 of 1,831 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a great meal on a Saturday night. We hadn't booked a table but were given one immediately. The service was excellent despite being very busy. Food & drinks were good & reasonably priced.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having been going the Tavern for the past 9yrs for breakfast I have seen a real decline in the quality and quantity of food served.
Having returned from breakfast with my family today, I just feel I need to write this review. We ordered two big breakfast & american, the whole of the big breakfast was floating in grease & sausage very cheap nasty quality, eggs under cooked,bacon over cooked & poor quality.
Portions are now smaller with extra price tag.
From now on our family saturday breakfast will be spent in some other place in L18
They standard of food and cooking having slipped so very much in the past year. But this place will always be busy due to location, But from now on our family will dine elsewhere.

1  Thank Linnylo
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This has got to be one of the best places to get a "Full English". The wait to get a table was a little long (about 25 minutes) but it was well worth it.
The food was good quality and well cooked and unlimited tea or coffee.
The staff are all freindly and make you very welcome.
This is going to be a regular Sunday Morning visit I think. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I normally don't like going to chain restaurants, but I went here for Breakfast following an overnight stay in Liverpool. We arrived at about 10.30 and the place was heaving. Once we got a table, the staff were really attentive and nice. The food was strangely impressive too - a really good full English breakfast, although I wasn't convinced by the sauce on the eggs benedict.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Walked in could hear screaming child and asked to be seated elsewhere-refused.Subjected to screaming, not crying child the 2 hours we were there.Totally ruined my our meal with daughter son.My husband paid I walked out ruined our whole evening.Get a a creche if you want babies in there!!!!!!!

4  Thank Lauren G
Tavern C, Manager at The Tavern Company, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

So sorry about the noise, 99% of the time our guests deal really well with their children and for future reference we allow children in the restaurant up until half seven at which time the ambiance becomes totally adult. Hope you give us another try and thanks for your comments.