“Nice place good food (few minors)”
Review of The Tavern Company

The Tavern Company
Ranked #112 of 1,720 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice place good food (few minors)”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I'd like to praise the floor manager in his attentive attitude and the welcome we recieved. We was placed on a lovely table in the window but a little noisy at time (as the quieter back part was closed, although we asked for a quiet area of the restaurant on booking we still enjoy our evening), the floor Manager asked if we wud like to move to another table that had become free but I didn't want to make a fuss. Food quality, portions and value of good standard. I had the potatoe skins for starter and lacked flavor and the Cajun Chicken little spicey. I would go back tho :)

• Visited June 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Mexican I Have Ever Had!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been for many mexican's and I feel that no other mexican food comes close to what the Tavern offers.
Visited the tavern many times and everytime the food has been superb and plentyful, defo leave with a full tum after a visit here.
I can't comment on the steak etc because I stick to just eating the mexican classic's but these are by far the best, compared to other 'big named' mexican's this blows all others out of the water.
An average 3 course meal for myself and my partner costs on average about £70 with drinks so well worth the meal. They also have an early bird menu which i can't comment on because I've never ate from it.
Lovely atmosphere aswell especially for couples.

• Visited January 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Sunday Morning Delight”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Treated to breakfast here by our son and his partner, great food and generous portions, great service from very friendly staff and a never ending supply of tea and coffee.
It got very busy very quickly, but the service couldn't be faulted. Just what we needed to set us up for the day.

• Visited June 2013
“Nice atmosphere,nice food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Ribs and chips ,nice. Chicken and ribs,nice. If you don't like cosy and dark, sit in the conservatory area which has a glass roof ,very light and airy. Had been told that the tavern would be excellent, not quite , it was just nice, it gets loud and busy after 7pm ,but still, it's a nice place to visit. If it is value for money you're after then you can't go wrong.we have eaten at more expensive places and received worse food and service. As I said it is just a nice place , if you're expecting more then you may be disappointed ,try it yourself we had no problem getting a table as a walk in ,but, we turned up about 7pm,

Visited June 2013
merseyside
“Great Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Ten of us went out for a birthday meal - amazingly we covered four generations. From the moment we were seated by the manager until we left we had a great time. It was a Friday evening and the place was buzzing. The food was amazing from the catfish through to the sirloin steak. I would recommend this.

• Visited May 2013