“Need more staff”

Gulshan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #166 of 1,679 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need more staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Decided to visit on a recommendation . As the restaurant was very busy we were left waiting for a few minutes so set the tone for the rest of the night.
We were left waiting for everything, placing our drinks order, food order . Having then to wait for the orders to arrive. Staff seemed new and were having to be constantly told what to do by the manager. It could of been a nice evening but was spoilt by the obvious lack of staff. Others were getting really annoyed by the slow service.
Food was ok, nothing exceptional for the price .

London, United Kingdom
“Not great, not terrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Travelled here on Mother's Day at the request of my mum who wanted to visit here, having not been since her 'going-out' days. Her overall opinion was 'it's changed but it was nice'.. here's mine:
The welcome was warm with big smiles - no different to any other Indian restaurant I'd been in. The place itself was poorly laid out in my opinion but comfortable nonetheless. We we greeted with a free glass of 'bubbly' for my mum - a nice touch. Drinks order was taken promptly but upon asking which beers they had, they sneakily only told us the two most expensive ones (and later found out they had others). Had to then wait about 10 minutes for the food order to be taken and another 15 minutes before the starters arrived. The place wasn't busy so am baffled as to why it took so long. I agree with another reviewer saying that they may want to think about free poppodums which aren't a loss-leader and at 80p each,given the quality of accompaniments, not really worth the wait. The onion bhaji I'd ordered was ridiculously dry and I had to rely on the poppodum sauces to swallow as nothing was provided with it. The chicken chat was nice though - plentiful with a good chilli kick.
The main course were served after another wait. The food was piping hot and plentiful although the dopiaza curry was a little drab and uninspiring. The tandoori chicken was overly dry but the biriyani was a tasty mountain of rice with a mellow curry sauce. The naan was well cooked and tasty although the chapati was prob one of the worst I've ever had - really dry, doughy and floury (think pre-packed pitta bread after a day of opening and you're there).
The meal finished with a hot towel and some orange segments - another nice touch but the damage had been done by this point.
The service, although slooooow... was friendly and informative. I just expected a little more given the reviews. If this is one of the best Indian restaurants in Liverpool then I'm sorry, I'd hate to visit an average/poor one. It just didn't excel in anything and I won't be rushing back. Each to their own though and it may delight in others where it disappointed in me.

• Visited March 2014
“Best Indian in Liverpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food at this Indian is the best I have tasted in a very long time. It's modern, very clean and the staff are welcoming, friendly and professional. My family and I visited this weekend and have had a wonderful experience. I don't understand the recent post regarding chips as we didn't have a problem ordering chips at all - and they were great ! Highly recommended.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Welcoming and friendly .atmosphere; very tasty food which is cooked to your preference. Upstairs is a cocktail bar where you can just have a drink and/or tapas or a full meal. you will meet local residents who in addition to the staff will make you welcome, if you want to join in.

Two of the regular Friday nighters

Kendal, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went here on a Thursday evening, as we were staying at the Airport so we got a Taxi, i chose this as the reviews were good !!! the place was very quiet for a Thursday at 8 pm, i had a chicken balti dish without going on too much i found the food quite bland so all in i was very dissaponted with the place. And we found it very expensive compared with other places in Liverpool.