“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Que Pasa Cantina

Que Pasa Cantina
Ranked #519 of 1,681 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Sefton Park
“Love this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the best bar and restaurant in Lark Lane and we've become regular visitors during the past year. We came here for a birthday and have been coming back nearly every week since! The atmosphere is always friendly and relaxed and the clientel are cool and bohemien. The staff are lovely too. Its a fab place to meet up with friends and the food portions are absolutely huge. Try the Nachos at £4.95 and big enough to share. We love this place!!

• Visited August 2012

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Ever heard of something called 'Passing Off' Que Pasa?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

After a little visit to Lark Lane, I decided to finally pop in to Que Pasa Cantina as it looked like a nice place to go (beer garden in the sun is a good selling point).
To start off, the staff were lovely and very casual, which for me is kinda what I was after. Place looked a little run down but it added to the charm. I was with a few friends and we order some drinks and food at the bar. First off, the food we ordered was ace and looked the part (the enchiladas we the business), the staff were nice (A young tall lad served me) and over all, it seemed great.

But...

After ordering a Finlandia vodka w/ ice (not a beer drinker myself) something tasted off. Now I'm no expert of vodkas but I know the difference between a good quality and poor quality vodka. I enquired to the staff if this is Actually Finlandia, and after a little hesitation I was told "no, it isn't". I found out its some cheap brand called Vladivar.
Just a heads up, Finlandia is Finnish; barley made vodka priced about £15.00 from the shops.
Vladivar vodka is UK made, charcoal filtered vodka of the same quality as Smirnoff red.
It's like asking for a pint of say, Peroni, and receiving a pint of Fosters instead.

Oh, and it's illegal (The law of passing off prevents one person from misrepresenting his or her goods or services as being the goods and services of the claimant).
What made it worse is when we finished our meal, I asked to speak to the manager, a 'lady' called Jools. It was some time before she built up the nerve to come over to our table and within seconds we were met with hostility and anger at this idea that she was selling cheap vodka in an expensive vodka bottle (strangely, never actually denying it out right).
After about 5 mins of her talking AT me, rather than give actual customer service and listening, I cut the conversation short (I don't like being barked at after I've eaten), paid our bill and off we went.
Nice place, lovely bar staff, good food...
But gee, management need to sort, not only their legal issues out, but themselves too.

• Visited June 2012
6 Thank Hasmatic
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good place for a drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Enjoyed a drink here and it was good to people watch, but there wasn't much on offer food wise.

Visited October 2011
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Good food and drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Been here a few times of an evening and the place has been buzzing - the food is great and tasty. Went for lunch today and things were very quiet and it was a longtime before any music was put on to create an atmosphere however the food was excellent, came quickly and was very tasty. There were a couple of reserved tables so they were expecting a crowd in. The lunch time menu is a bit limited and more snacks than the evening but I'd recommend it! Baby back ribs are a must.

• Visited June 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Beer Garden, Tasty Food and Sangria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Came here for breakfast with some friends who were visiting from London and didnt realise it had a nice beer garden at the back. We sat outside as it was a sunny day and ordered the full English breakfast it was really good and came with free coffee.
We liked the place so much we came back again later on, managed to get a table outside and stayed late into the evening. The food is delicious, we shared the Beef Nachos and Chicken Wings to start and we all enjoyed our main courses. I had the Ribs with Rice it was so tasty would definitely recommend. We washed it all down with a couple of jugs of Sangria - Fantastic!
It is a hidden gem this place with a good vibe and great staff we thoroughly enjoyed it and will certainly be back again soon

• Visited May 2012