“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spire

Spire
Ranked #8 of 1,651 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,192 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The former head chef from The renowned London Carriage Works in the city centre has established himself as something of a local star. There are many eateries in this part of Liverpool, but Spire is outstandingly good. Food is innovative and beautifully presented. Flavours balanced and the atmosphere is relaxed.

2 Thank Howi58

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fantastic!
We ate at the Spire to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We couldn't actually get a table at the weekend as it was booked up- but I'm not surprised, the meal was perfect- and I'm very fussy. It was the best meal I've had in Liverpool for some years and noticeably better than many of the over-priced, smart and smug purportedly 'best' restaurants in the city centre.
Although Spire is close to where we live, we hadn't tried it before but we will be definitely be going again- that's if we can remember to book in advance!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Another great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Decided at the last minute to book a table at Spire. They were full [on a Monday!] but owner said he would ring back if there was a cancellation and he did!
Had the belly pork to start, which was wonderful, followed by steak. Good choice of starters and main courses at a reasonable price for quality food.
Service is always excellent and the restaurant always has a lovely atmosphere. This is not a fast food outlet. Everything is freshly prepared so it does take a little time. You are given bread and dip to eat why you wait.
If you are in Liverpool and want a great meal, visit here. You will need to book though.

• Visited October 2013
Liverpool
“Lived Up to its Reputation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I've wanted to go here for ages given the excellent reviews about the food on Trip Advisor. My partner and I love to eat out regularly and have been to some excellent restaurants; Spire is definitely up there with one of the best for its food.
I could only manage to book an early table on a weekday evening for my partners birthday. I had read it can be difficult to get a reservation as the place is so popular. In fact whilst we there there were at least 2 couples who came in for a table on the off chance, but had to be turned away as it was fully booked.
No worries, we were one of the first to arrive. First impressions of the venue itself: nothing spectacular, nice enough but pretty basic in terms of decor/tables ect. Just little details missing for me like paper instead of linen napkins, not a big deal but noted. The atmosphere picked up a little bit as more people arrived, but I have to say it doesn't really compare to the atmosphere of places like Puschka. It might be different on a weekend but I'd say the feel of the place is probably what let's it down as the venue doesn't quite match up to the high quality of the food for me.

But now into the really good stuff... Because we had one of the first tables we only had access to the early bird menu, however not a problem as the choice was great. We had squid and belly pork for starters. Both were really tasty. The sauce with the pork belly was delicious. I had the salt marsh lamb for my mains and the other half had the steak with chips. Again both really tasty and of high quality. The food is really well presented too. Sauce that accompanied the lamb again delicious. The only slight disappointment was dessert.... We chose the choc orange brownie with milk ice cream. It was nicely presented and tasty enough but a little bit too light for me, the brownie itself wasn't rich enough, it was more like a choc sponge cake rather than a brownie. To me a brownie should be crispy on the outside and rich and gloppy inside but it was basically just choc orange sponge cake - a nice sponge cake but still not what I expected.
Overall really good food and excellent value for money with the early bird menu which I think from memory was about £18 per head. The early bird menu has a good variety of choice and I would definitely return, perhaps of a weekend to sample the full A La Carte Menu as there are a number of dishes I'd love to try.
I'd definitely recommend Spire and look forward to returning.

Liverpool
“As good as ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

What more can you say about this place. Consistently delivering fantastic food and wine for years now. Excellent work.

Visited September 2013