“Remains Superb”
Review of Spire

Spire
Ranked #8 of 1,707 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Remains Superb”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We've visited and reviewed the Spire Restaurant during the evening so we decided to try their fixed price lunchtime menu. We were so pleased we did.

The menu is limited but offers a good variety of choice. My husband had confit of duck leg to begin with which he pronounced as absolutely fabulous. He finished with fish and chips which he described as the best he has ever tasted, despite having visited award winning fish and chip shops in the past. I had the posh prawn and smoked salmon starter which was delicious. This was followed by the Goosnargh chicken breast which was moist and very well cooked.

The bill with drinks came to under £29 which represented excellent value for money. What a gem.

Drogheda, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“in"SPIRE"d Dining.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our taxi driver, from Liverpool Airport, suggested some places for dining later that evening, including Spire. Were lucky to get a booking for two there. Can't speak highly enough of food and staff, it's all been said in previous reviews. It was so good we booked the early bird for our return journey, four days later. Early bird prices for equally good food. And it's only 30 min to the airport by 80A bus from across the road.

1 Thank PWheff
UK
“Great food - wonderful evening”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The family thoroughly enjoyed their evening at Spire. The menu was interesting and everyone struggled to choose between all of the lovely sounding dishes... (apart from my vegetarian sister who only had one choice of starter and main). It did however take a while for our orders to be taken.

The starters were all delicious and the mains were terrific. The only complaint was that mine was over seasoned to the point I couldn't finish it. Everyone else's was so tasty and perfectly seasoned. Whilst my sister wasn't particularly looking forward to her risotto (normally her only option in many restaurants), she said it was absolutely gorgeous.

fab night had by all. highly recommended. can't wait to go again.

Cumbria
“A real birthday treat”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Mid week visit with my wife who booked it for my birthday. Surprised how compact it is but the food and service are excellent. Really couldn't fault it in any way. Thanks for helping make my birthday special.

Visited April 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner and I made two unsuccessful attempts to dine at the Spire until we realised one best book a table. We saw this as a good sign and were not disappointed. The food is very well prepared, full of flavour and beautifully presented. Service was friendly. We had no complaints. Definitely one of Liverpool's best restaurants. We live in the local area and I can see Spire becoming a regular treat.